Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love Quake

Hi mates, i am a big fan of the whole quake series and i own them all
    Now i try pro quake some days ago on my windows 10 system and works great. After all this years i bought the 2 add ons for quake1. does anyone has an idea how i can play them with pro quake without that my system win10 says NO ;(

Ive never played the addons ...

Big thanks forward.
    Regards hal9000

eVADE/ duality micro

Try darkplaces engine instead.
    Copy-paste darkplaces.exe and rename it to "rogue.exe" or "hipnotic.exe" and its ready to play the mission packs.
    the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

If you purchased the two expansions on steam, you'll need to first copy their folders into your proquake folder.

You can find them in C:>ProgramFiles>Steam>Steamapps>Common>Quake

They will be called rogue and hipnotic.

Copy rogue and hipnotic into you proquake folder.

To run, they each need a custom shortcut. Creat a shortcut, right click it, and click properties. Under the shortcut tab, you need to edit the field called 'Target'. To make the shortcut launch the rogue expansion, add -game rogue to that line and click apply. To make the shortcut launch the hipnotic expansion, add -game hipnotic to that line and click apply.

They should look something like this:
      "C:\Program Files\Proquake\glpro493.exe" -game rogue
      "C:\Program Files\Proquake\glpro493.exe" -game hipnotic

Hope this works out for you. If not just reply to my post here and I'm sure we can get it sorted out.

Comment

@pieface --- I bet he used the steam easy installer for ProQuake which puts ProQuake into the right folder (it is the top bright red button the ProQuake page)

Answer should be:

Click Start then Run in Windows (Or press Windows key + R) then type:

Mission Pack 1
        C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Quake\glpro493.exe -game hipnotic
        OR

Mission Pack 2
        C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Quake\glpro493.exe -game rogue
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
        X