Dedicated Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dedicated Server

Hey guys, I tried to purchase a dedicated Quake 1 server from clanwarz, but they told me that I need the dedicated server Linux files. Where can I get those? I provided some fitzquake linux files but they said it wasn't enough. Basically, they want me to do everything myself...

When I first contacted them in the live chat support, they immediately hung up on me as soon as I asked for a working test server (because none of them were working). They told me the only server they had was Chicago and it was Windows only. At this point, they immediately hung up on me.

I contacted them again, and they were not willing to do the legwork to get it up and running. Is this this type of service I should expect from clanwarz? Ultimately, I'm looking for a dedicated server with CRMOD.

Thanks all.

can anyone recommend another server rental site?

Comment

Checkout Fragnet - Premium Hosting of Minecraft Servers. High performance game server hosting of game titles like BF3, MOHW, CSGO and 45 different other titles - FragNet | Built for Gamers. .

My server in Uk is using their services : damage.servequake.com ( vps ) or vds.
      You have to setup the server yourself with debian or some other distro and manually install quake and the mods , settings...etc.

You also need programs to access your server :
      putty and wincfg or some other good ftp client.
      And of course some linux knowledge.
      I can send you the files that are needed for that crmod server.
      Last edited by Polarite; 03-06-2016, 11:08 AM.
      My servers for the gamers:
      bigfoot.servequake.com / damage.servequake.com

port 26000 EuroQuake
      port 26001 EuroQuake Coop

newyork.quakeone.com
      Offline ATM
      fvf.servequake.com
      flanders.servegame.org / flanders.servequake.com
      Offline ATM
      newdm.servequake.com
      port 26010

http://bigfoot.servequake.com (EuroQuake)
      sigpic

Comment

NQ servers generally cannot cope unless they have an entire public ip address to themselves.
        however, most modern server rentals are just virtual machines with only a handful of ipv4 ports forwarded to them. they'll have dedicated ipv6 addresses, but not ipv4.
        this means that if you want to run a fitzquake/proquake server, you'll need to be willing to pay a load more money for a dedicated server.

there are two nq-compatible servers with cleaned up networking that should be usable in such a restrictive environment, however, because they also clean up qc sandboxing as well, and crmod tries to totally ignore any and all concepts of a qc sandbox, neither of those two servers can run crmod properly, iirc.
        (those two servers are fte and dp, both tend to require some cvar tweaks to allow vanilla nq clients properly, yes I need to do something about fte, but gah)
        Some Game Thing

Comment

Polarite, thanks for the reply.

I'll ask Fragnet if they are willing to host. Can you send me the files now? However, in the meantime, I'll host my own server when I can. I also have a friend who is willing to let me use his server once or twice a week for events.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X