Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im about to buy quake

Should I?
    I really want to play. I just looked up a few maps, on youtube, and totally got all nostalgic. My favorite is Ultra violence map..
    I could only find it on Mplayer.. omgosh I miss mplayer.

anyways.. I wanna play again!

Multiplayer is still alive, and there are a bunch of awesome custom maps and mods.

If you purchase Quake through Steam, the steam version isnčt very good, and the soundtrack does not work. HOWEVER, both of these problems can be solved easily. Quake is totally worth a purchase.

It seems that you are new on this site, so here's a link to a thread where you can introduce youself: http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-tal...lf-thread.html

Comment

You're asking if you should buy Quake on a Quake forum?

Of course you should!

Comment

I MEAN is it worth it like are there a lot of people who play?

Comment

There are not a lot of people who play multiplayer. The game is decades old after all. :-)

If you want to get a casual DM game every now and then, sure, that's doable.

If you want organized games, tournaments, rankings/ladder, etc. then you're out of luck. Well... organized games and tournaments do still happen but you'd need to really put in a lot of effort to get involved.

For me the main value of Quake is that there are still people creating amazing singleplayer addons.

Comment

Yes buy it, there are people who play daily at quake.shmack.net so connect there. It is with runes which do different things, like powerups. So you will have fun discovering what each one does etc.. After you get good at quake, you got the option to play at night tdm (team dm) or some ca (clan arena) The servers are listed on the right hand side of the home page of this site, with the players on them. You can hover your mouse pointer on each server to tell you who is playing

You also got all the custom content to look through, all the maps and packs etc created. So you can download and play that. The site is quaddicted, I believe. It's also listed here somewhere.

In any case, you will be busy with quake and having fun for a long time to go, thats for sure hehe
            Last edited by Gem; 03-09-2016, 01:30 PM.
            The gemstone of gaming is Quake, so load it up and play some

Comment

I forgot to say, uv is an available map you can play. rage.quakeone.com has it (as it has many custom maps) and dm.quaketx.com has it too, I believe, so you can go take a look at it

And after you get quake ask here for help setting it up or if you have questions, and you will be playing in no time
              The gemstone of gaming is Quake, so load it up and play some

Comment

Working...
              X