X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S-Shotgun model. Need help :)

Hey guys. I have a small problem. I can not install this g_shot model in DP
    http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...tml#post158835
    I tried to delete all the various files in my compilation and leave only the model of shotgun and it still does not work again. All other models work perfectly. May be it's original model in .PAK files broken new model?? This can be? I am using the latest version DP and commercial version Quake. Sorry for my english, I am Italian

Ciao carissimo
    In the game you still see the old model instead of the new? or nothing?
    I use this gun and some models that I made recently, and I dont have problems
    sigpic

Comment

Buon pomeriggio Alfader Thank you for having responded to me. Yep, I see an old model if i use this shotgun apart from other models, but if i use another models they work well. It is very strange...I can not imagine what could be the problem

Comment

... just when all our hopes were fading.
        ... just when we wanted to close the book and give up.

Alfader returned to the table. And there was light.

Good to see a sign of life from you again ol´ friend...

============================

Hello FallenAngel,

There is no magic, nor angel dust, nor unicorn powder, nor curse involved in your mystery.
        Just like I wrote in that other thread:
        1.) You either have a wrong expectation
        2.) You are using other replacement models that overrides this one

Many people are using it and have no issue, so:

to 1.)
        First of all, I hope you do not expect that you will have a different view-weapon model when using your linked replacement weapon. As it is only the ground/world model. The one that is spinning and lying on the floor and can be picked up. It does not include a view-weapon model that you hold in your hands.
        If you want a matching view-weapon sshot-gun model, the one in the smc package fits nicely.

to2.)
        Please try this:
        - Create a new folder somewhere on your harddiscs (maybe directly on C: )
        - Name it: Quake
        - Create a subfolder in it and name it: id1
        - Now copy only pak0.pak and pak1.pak into id1
        - Copy the replacement weapon .pk3 file into id1 directly
        - Extract the darkplaces engine into the Quake folder directly

Start darkplaces.exe and find the supershotgun ground/world model. Example in the secret of e1m1. Or in e1m2 near the start on the left bridge.
        You will see that it is the replacement model now.

Once you see and confirmed it, go back to your custom Quake setup and search for the "hidden" replacement model that is overriding the other one.

At the end one important hint:
        Do not (never ever) edit your original pak0.pak and pak1.pak. Keep them original. They will never override any replacement file. Darkplaces replacement priority rules takes care of that.

If you want you should even make use of DPs multi "-game" command feature.
        Put all your bling bling replacement files into a subfolder called "HD" and load your Quake via:
        darkplaces -game HD
        You can use multiple -game commands in 1 shortcut. So you can split your mods/replacements if you want.

Best wishes.

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
          First of all, I hope you do not expect that you will have a different view-weapon model when using your linked replacement weapon. As it is only the ground/world model. The one that is spinning and lying on the floor and can be picked up. It does not include a view-weapon model that you hold in your hands.
          Hello Seven I think it's model replace hands model to, my fail sorry.

Comment

Hello dear friend!
            Sure, I am revived and ready to give you an aid, to make this game even better than you did in the last few years!
            Beautiful work with your smc, a gem ... See you soon!

Originally posted by Seven View Post
            ... just when all our hopes were fading.
            ... just when we wanted to close the book and give up.

Alfader returned to the table. And there was light.

Good to see a sign of life from you again ol´ friend...

============================

Hello FallenAngel,

There is no magic, nor angel dust, nor unicorn powder, nor curse involved in your mystery.
            Just like I wrote in that other thread:
            1.) You either have a wrong expectation
            2.) You are using other replacement models that overrides this one

Many people are using it and have no issue, so:

to 1.)
            If you want a matching view-weapon sshot-gun model, the one in the smc package fits nicely.

to2.)
            Please try this:
            - Create a new folder somewhere on your harddiscs (maybe directly on C: )
            - Name it: Quake
            - Create a subfolder in it and name it: id1
            - Now copy only pak0.pak and pak1.pak into id1
            - Copy the replacement weapon .pk3 file into id1 directly
            - Extract the darkplaces engine into the Quake folder directly

Start darkplaces.exe and find the supershotgun ground/world model. Example in the secret of e1m1. Or in e1m2 near the start on the left bridge.
            You will see that it is the replacement model now.

Once you see and confirmed it, go back to your custom Quake setup and search for the "hidden" replacement model that is overriding the other one.

At the end one important hint:
            Do not (never ever) edit your original pak0.pak and pak1.pak. Keep them original. They will never override any replacement file. Darkplaces replacement priority rules takes care of that.

If you want you should even make use of DPs multi "-game" command feature.
            Put all your bling bling replacement files into a subfolder called "HD" and load your Quake via:
            darkplaces -game HD
            You can use multiple -game commands in 1 shortcut. So you can split your mods/replacements if you want.

Best wishes.
            sigpic

Comment

if you do want a matching view-model of the same SSG-model....
              i could arrange that for you

animating the model to match quake's shotgun animations is easy
              are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
              > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
              everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
                if you do want a matching view-model of the same SSG-model....
                i could arrange that for you

animating the model to match quake's shotgun animations is easy
                Hello Talisa! If it's possible, I would be very happy

Comment

ill have a look at it later today or tomorrow
                  are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                  everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
                    ill have a look at it later today or tomorrow
                    Oh, it would be great, thank you very much! Nice day

Comment

here you go, just drop this into progs folder inside your ID1 folder:
                      Zippyshare.com - v_shot.mdl

ive made it use the same textures as the pickup model, so you dont need extra textures, just the mdl.

let me know if it works or not, as im not able to test it myself atm,
                      and its been a while since i exported a model for quake with blender
                      Last edited by talisa; 04-11-2016, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Talisa, it's work nice, great job! But now new model v_shot.mdl replace primary shotgun(2 slot)

Comment

wha..... ? oh, my bad!

just rename the file to v_shot2.mdl

i forgot to add the 2 to the filename
                          Last edited by talisa; 04-11-2016, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Oh... God! I do not even know how much I thank you I am very grateful to you and Seven for help.

Comment

you're welcome!

it was just a 2minute job, since the only movement when firing
                              is position and rotation of the model, and the animation is just 7frames

which is kinda funny when you think about it.... a whopping 7 frames.
                              in modern games a simple eye-blinking animation has more frames then that
                              Last edited by talisa; 04-11-2016, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X