Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help!

I have one question please to all my fellow Quake lovers.
    Is there any way to add a closing credit video right after defeating Shubb-Niggurath on Darkplaces?

If so, how could it be done?

Thanks a lot guys in advance for your kind replies!

one very simple method to do this would be....

-create a map with 2 very basic box-shaped rooms.

-in one room place the player floating a bit, with an end-map trigger right underneath the player

-for the second room, you create a set of very slow-rising brushes which are set as a single 'train' with credits on the textures,
    -and place an intermission-cam in front of the set of brushes that come by

why end the map right away and use intermission-cam?
    because the player's cam will get frozen and the player wont be able to look around

if you use darkplaces, you could use an .ent file to change changelevel trigger of the 'end' map
    to change to your credits-map after shub is defeated instead of changing to the 'start' map

this would be one crude and simple way of doing it, which doesnt require any kinda QC-magics.

im sure with the help of some QC it can be done much nicer
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Thank you for the kind reply!!!
      Please my brother, is there a chance for you to lead me step by step on doing so? Unlike the majority of the QuakeOne community I am not a programmer.
      I would really appreciate since Quake 1 is my all time favorite gamew (along with the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series).

Comment

pfff.... sorry but its been quite a while since i did any mapping
        and id have to first re-fresh my memory on how to use GTKradiant again,
        and even then im not exactly a very good mapper.

perhaps some other more experienced mapper would be up to help with this?
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Easy to use level editors ...

Func_Msgboard: The TrenchBroom Level Editor

Func_Msgboard: Jackhammer 1.1.855 Public Beta Is Out!
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

err, guys, the ending is hardcoded inside oldone.qc.
            finale_4 displays some finale text and then leaves the game in a state of limbo that can only be recovered from by explicitly starting a new game (or quitting).

you're going to need some qc for it at some point.
            Some Game Thing

Comment

My thought worked like this:

1) "Do this for me" threads where X isn't crazy simple almost always fail.
              2) Provide link to map editor.
              3) Either he makes a map with scrolling text or he doesn't.
              4) If he doesn't .. (most likely outcome) situation resolved.
              5) If he does, getting someone to change the finale in the qc will far more likely.
              Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Hm.

I do understand why people would like to have hi-res models or scenarios in the game, or new DM maps, new & different weapons, hell, I even *think* I understand the need for a scope in Quake.

But, I can't quite seem to grasp the need for a new end game cinematic, that is, something that happens after you finish playing the game, as opposed to during gameplay. Care to enlighten us on your motivation to do that?

Comment

Of course my brother.
                  I play QUake since 1996. I love this game and is one of my all time favorite, but there are a couple of details I always thought they might get improved without changing the dark gothic escence of the game. One of them was the texture detail and the other was the ending. It's got to be one of the most frustrating and unrewarding endings ever made. And for such a fantastic adventure Quake is, that double the frustration. Closing credits with Nine Inch Nails' start map theme would be more than enough to heal the 20 year old pain.

Comment

There are a few problems with your idea.

Your idea requires a QC mod and is very specifically for a quake map that virtually no one plays anymore. The people that may still play through the original quake are more than likely using SMC or some other advanced QC.

This means that virtually nobody will use your mod and those that do will more than likely only use it one time to check out your new ending.

If you are absolutely stuck on this idea you should add your idea to SMC and hope that Seven likes it enough to include it in the official releases. Otherwise, you couldn't possibly invest in a bigger waste of your time.
                    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
                      There are a few problems with your idea.

Your idea requires a QC mod and is very specifically for a quake map that virtually no one plays anymore. The people that may still play through the original quake are more than likely using SMC or some other advanced QC.

This means that virtually nobody will use your mod and those that do will more than likely only use it one time to check out your new ending.

If you are absolutely stuck on this idea you should add your idea to SMC and hope that Seven likes it enough to include it in the official releases. Otherwise, you couldn't possibly invest in a bigger waste of your time.
                      Thanks to all the efforts of the Quake community, I managed to build the best Quake 1 experience (In my humble opinion) of the original Quake 1 without turning it into antoher cheap early 2000's 3d game. My last detail would be the ending. The Quake 1 players I know who witnessed my version with chosen mods absolutely loved it. There's inly the end to get it done.

Comment

ohhh... I didn't realize you edited the entire game. I was under the impression that you were only modding credits.
                        http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Working...
                        X