Quake HD pack - gameplay speed faster than original game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake HD pack - gameplay speed faster than original game

I just tried this "Quake HD pack" version 1.44 (and 1.45). And result is that the gameplay speed seems to be a little faster than the original game's. I seem to be able to walk faster, sprint faster, and so are the enemies. All the motion seems faster -- not a lot, but enough for me to notice. Switching between the modded game and the original game makes this apparent. Since this mod is made up of several other mods, does anyone know which component(s) is/are the cause for this, and is the speed adjustable? The faster speed is fine by me, but I would also like to play it at the original speed if possible. I've tried id's official GLQuake port as well, which does run at the original speed. But I do like the texture enhancements in the Quake HD mod. Thanks in advance for any help. My PC: Intel Core i5-750 Quad-Core 2.66GHz, Kingston 12GB RAM, EVGA Geforce GTX 480 video card, Creative X-Fi PCI sound card.

You could have a look at some of the speed settings in each environment to see if they differ. Perhaps try sv_maxspeed or even cl_forwardspeed, cl_backspeed to see if there are any differences?

Hope this helps

Monty
    Mr.Burns
    "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
    WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
    Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Working...
    X