Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DarkPlaces Saved Settings?

Tell me I'm not going insane.

I decided to clean up my Quake directory, meaning I relocated any old WIPs, mods, resources, QC, yadda yadda to a folder outside of the directory. Then I figured I'd go ahead and re-download DarkPlaces to see if there's a newer version. I even grabbed the original ID1 folder from the Quake CD. In short, I'm starting from absolute scratch. There are no quake.rc, autoexec, config.cfg or default files ANYWHERE that didn't come off the Quake CD.

However, I start up the new DarkPlaces, using the original ID1 folder, with no other old files/folders to speak of in the directory, and DP remembers ALL of my settings: gamma, brightness, keyboard controls, +mlook, you name it.

This is mostly a question out of curiosity, but where in the hell is DP reading these old settings from? Am I being stupid here, or does it write a file deep in the hard drive somewhere??

I feel like there is a painfully obvious answer here, but I'll be damned if I can't figure it out...it's been well over a year since I've Quaked but I certainly don't remember this.

By the way, hi everybody. It's been awhile lol. I'm jumping back in the scene.
    'Replacement Player Models' Project

Under windows My saved games, IIRC.
    Solution: delete thesefiles or rename darkplaces.exe to quake.exe
    the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

Ah. Sure enough, there it is. I have two drives, a C and an F drive. All my Quake stuff is on the F drive, so I didn't even think to look on C. Ok cool, that solves that mystery lol. Thanks nahuel!

Comment

Hi Dutch,

Knowing where the configs are is a first step.
        Now you are ready to get back to the drawing board and get things done.

Welcome back sir.

Comment

or you can use the -nohome commandline argument
          sadly such settings cannot easily be stored inside config files...
          Some Game Thing

Comment

@Seven

Thanks, it's good to be back!

@Spike

Good to know, thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X