Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arcane Dimensions + Quoth + SMC please

unite!

Arcane Dimensions uses a lot of the Quoth monsters I noticed, and a few from the Drake mod. I always thought the Drole was wicked cool.
    'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

AD is absolutely stunning - so is Quoth & SMC ofc. i seriously hope to see future iterations/merged versions of them.

i didn't know about Drake mod, will check it out now. anything else i missed that's noteworthy?

Comment

The Drake mod is a lot like Quoth, in the sense that it gave mappers a new entity set. It also allowed several "spin-off" mods, if you will, that took what it started and kept going. Like AD. The Minotaur in AD, although not exactly the same, is from Drake mod (I think they were called Gaurochs originally?). The drole and voreling are from Quoth.

I haven't played a shit-ton of mods (too busy working on my own stuff), but here's a quick list of ones I wouldn't miss:

Soul of Evil
        Unforgiven
        Altar of Storms

Here's a link to the download page at Quaddicted. Some are quick mods, some are vanilla (traditional) maps. Some are great, others not so...but it's all Quake lol

https://www.quaddicted.com/reviews/

Comment

the minotaur is neither from drake nor AD,
          its actually the Yakman enemy from hexen2's expansion-pack

the drole, voreling, nightgaunt & gug of the drake-mod
          are indeed taken from quoth though

also, drake is genius. imo its one of the best mods for quake of all time.
          it adds a ton of new enemies from hexen2 & quoth and adds many new weapons,
          and it makes the game feel bit more hexen2-like with all the new enemies, weapons and power-ups

here are examples of maps & map-sets that use the drake-mod:
          Soul Of Evil , Soul of Evil: Indian Summer , A Roman Wilderness Of Pain,
          Unforgiven , Something Wicked This Way Comes , Nyarlathotep & Arcanum

all of these maps & map-sets are truely genius and they some of the best maps for quake imo
          be sure to check all of them out, they're all really good massive maps with many new textures & themes.

be sure to check out my two threads if you're gunna play any of the maps i mentioned
          HD textures for SP-maps: http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...tml#post158799
          drake HD items : http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...er-ups-hd.html

ive made HD textures and hi-poly models (for use with darkplaces) for all of the above-mentioned maps/map-sets that use drake
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

gotta try these out!
            thanks!

Comment

ok i took a brief look into the above maps and now i wanna cry.
              i just can't.. i don't even.....

Unforgiven = SWTWC > sliced bread + microwave + tricycle + one of my kidneys + my other kidney

i can't remember to have had such a blast ever since, well, i first played Quake. so massive kudos and thanks to all the maniacs behind these monolithic.. monoliths of incredible content. you guys are beyond awesomeness!
              Last edited by evil_presley; 05-29-2016, 01:36 PM.

Comment

@talisa

Thanks for clearing that up! I never played hexen before so I had no idea...

@evil

Check out marcher fortress too

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
                  I never played hexen before so I had no idea...
                  You should. The Heretic/Hexen saga is pretty cool.
                  ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
                  ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

Originally posted by bfg666 View Post
                    You should. The Heretic/Hexen saga is pretty cool.
                    I always thought it looked pretty cool, I'll have to download it sometime. Maybe one of these days when I gotta take a break from Quake (which hasn't happened since about 1999 lol)

Comment

Working...
                    X