noob modding question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noob modding question

Hi. Straight to topic. I want to make mod for training purposes ('coz I don't want to play anymore with doom mod making ;p) with qfusion engine. Can I implement features from various Q1 mods strictly to qfusion and run it like on darkplaces engine?

Simple sample :

"Copy pak file from prydon gate to qfusion engine to run it or is there other way to run it?"

Technically Quake engine and Id tech 2 are made with C, but Idunno if darkplaces and qfusion are.

Thanks for answers

qfusion uses C for its gamecode. grab any C compiler you want and compile some dlls for it, iiuc.
    darkplaces mods uses qc. this requires a quakec compiler, but at least the result isn't cpu+os specific. the engine itself is C, but can also be unreadable.

porting stuff from one to the other is non-trivial.
    Some Game Thing

Comment

Ok, and now the last question ;d

How to make cutscenes? I mean can darkplaces play avi or must it in game? If so how to achieve it

Comment

I believe you'll have to record the cutscene as a demo file, which you can play in-game between levels, if I'm not mistaken.

The Soul of Evil mod does this at the start, end, and between episodes.

So you would still have to code a scene and then record a demo from certain camera angles or viewpoints.

I could be totally wrong on this though, there may be a more elaborate way that I'm not aware of...how does the Nehara mod work?
        'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Working...
        X