Wow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow

Its really crazy to see this site is still fairly active.

o7

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt-PieFace View Post
      o7
      When you gonna come stretch your aim and hit us with that 'Flex'
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Its the Quake Salute damn it!

Comment

Two awesome games have two sites that are active. Why not? They're awesome and live because of modding(and SP/MP)

Comment

Indeed. It is amazing that a game can keep the interest of a group of people for such a long time.

It makes me feel all fuzzy inside.
            I got the phone call at 4 a.m.

Comment

Hell yeah. Quake for life. I hung up every other game I used to play out of sheer boredom. This game still has me coming back for more, 20 years later.
              'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

nuuuu fuckin' battlefield 4 and shit, everybody abondon the dying game and play the next big thing
                God, I do not envy those who only play the 'new' FPS'es because it seems like every 6 months there's a new 'major title' and a mad rush to jump ship to the next big thing. It'd be easier if they would just stay with one good one and keep it goin' instead. I don't think Quake can even be considered 'dying' because it's been active for 20+ years, like after a certain point the definiton of a 'dying game community' should be altered to make an exception for those that have lasted 20+ years since the corresponding game's initial release date. I mean look at ZZT. That thing came out in 1990, had an active community by any game's standards from 1994 to the late 2000's, and only entered 'dying' status from 2000-something upwards... and it still has an active forum and whatnot.

Jedi Outcast is 'dead', I was ingame from 2004 to 2011, and witnessed its decline from 2011 to 2015... but I don't feel like the same standards even apply to Quake, Quake III Arena, or ZZT simply because once you cross a certain duration of activity, games don't 'die' the same way as others do.
                There's generally an awkard period where people like to claim how great the game must be to still be alive & active even though they know it's not the same as it was at its peak, followed by numerous attempts at 'revivals' (some succesful), and eventually desperate attempts to repopularize the game with amazing mods & some really nice oldbies getting together... and then the master server lists go down... followed by the loss of 'direct connect' players...

Urgh, maybe I was wrong, maybe JK2 isn't really that different from Quake after all.
                I suggest Quake-er's make the most of the remaining time while they have it.

God, I'm such a downer.
                Sorry guys, I guess I don't 'fit' with the standard Quake 1 player model of pride where you can't really say anything about Quake's activity levels from a realistic perspective even if it is, well, on its way out.

I do like your 'Quake salute' Sgt.PieFace, and I don't really like emoticons, so that's sayin' a lot.
                Maybe two text characters is too short to be understood correctly, but my long posts are too long not to be misunderstood, either.

Comment

Yes YES! Quake has been dieing for the last 20 years! LOL!

I'm sure it will continue dieing for another 20.

Just like those who have enjoyed it all this time I'll continue to do so.

Q U A K E ! ! !

Comment

Oh... it's been dying.... and then respawning in a high platform, to be immediately fragged by a grenade... then respawned in front of a teleport, entering and being immediately telefragged... then respawned in another platform surrounded by lava, then making a misstep and fried by lava... then respawning in the back of another player, at which point he will unload a full box of nails at said back, feeling oh so awesome for about 750 nanoseconds, then split open by the axe of a player that I swear wasn't there before, the little cheater...

And so on, and so on...

Comment

There are so many new names on this forum, that I have no clue who they are lol.

Comment

I've just come here. Fascinating how a nearly 20 year old game can still bring in new recruits.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X