PC Gamer QuakeWorld servers all week!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Gamer QuakeWorld servers all week!

To celebrate 20 years of Quake, PC Gamer decided to do something very special!

We're running a Quake server all week—come play with us!

I recommend that you guys check it out, I've been having a blast!
    Last edited by Trickle; 06-21-2016, 08:20 PM.

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-dodgeball

Trickle's VWeps

Awesome. They're going to run quakeworld released on December 21, 1998. For net Quake 20th anniversary released in June, 1996.
    Life is Grand!

Comment

Awesome!

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

I might stream a bit of deathmatch later.
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Trickle!

Just rocked out on the server for a couple hours. Consistent 2-6 player games. Got my ass kicked but damn was it fun.
          'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

A couple of my scores from yesterday.

I'm about to go play some more!

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

I jumped on for quick round last night and 34 people accidentally stepped in front of my rocket.

Comment

It's running the KTX mod, so a lot of the weapons do a good amount of damage. It's funny seeing all the newcomers trying it out, they just jump around with an sg and I chase them down bunnyhopping with an rl. But there are some veterans coming back on and it's really awesome to see. Especially for guys like me that jumped on the Quake train much later.

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

Another badass frag fest tonight! Man it should always be like this, like old times. I'm gonna be sad when this week is up...

I know it's QuakeWorld and all, but the NQ vs QW argument always amounted to the Ford vs. Chevy argument to me...it's all Quake.

Originally posted by Trickle
                  But there are some veterans coming back on and it's really awesome to see.
                  One guy named "Morning, Everybody" showed up this morning. He knew his stuff, totally fragged the shit outta everybody!

Comment

I also noticed some new players on shmack..
                    To me seemed like returning players, semi-skilled or rusty or getting back into it I think they were looking for more quake or a continuation, after the week is up

They were also confused where to go about the website, so I mentioned here and the runes forum

All is good , seemed that all this (anniversary, and game server stuff) brought in some new players or returning ones.... served as a big promotion I think

well anyway, nice to see it picking up a bit..
                    The gemstone of gaming is Quake, so load it up and play some

Comment

We gotta push this hard. Looks like quake is getting some serious exposure right now...I'm going to direct as many players as I can to here.

Comment

I played a little bit and it made me realize that Quake was never dead; people just didn't have the right reasons to play... or it is, and people are just really nostalgic. I don't know, all I know is I had a great time. Playing on a full server really kicks you square in the ass when you're not doing bunny-hopping.

YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT...

Comment

someone push quakeone.com to mainstream we have many servers running beyond pcgamer's limited focus.
                          clanhdz servers have been running over 10 years strong! clan-rum, runequake, etc!! fuck a weeklong venture on a QW client; rude.
                          steam forums maybe?!?
                          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

All I know is I had an absolute blast this past week and I'll be damned if I see it end...we should have a "bring a friend to quake" day. If everyone on here got just another person playing we'd be back on the map in no time.

Comment

Working...
                            X