Quake 1 Skill Levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake 1 Skill Levels

We all know for Quake 1 single player, there's Easy, Normal, Hard, and Nightmare modes, so what are the exact numerical differences between them? I'm talking in terms of damage you receive, number of enemies in the maps themselves, enemy speed, etc.

Originally posted by manwithnoname22 View Post
    We all know for Quake 1 single player, there's Easy, Normal, Hard, and Nightmare modes, so what are the exact numerical differences between them? I'm talking in terms of damage you receive, number of enemies in the maps themselves, enemy speed, etc.
    1. Numeric differences: depends on the map and the mapper. They mark each monster by what skill level it will appear on. Some maps there is no difference at all.
    2. Damage received: no difference
    3. Enemy speed: no difference

Nightmare the monsters are more focused on attacking, some projectiles like vore balls are faster, and the monsters aren't as distracted as much by being hurt.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Also, some maps has some new traps. It is the most notable on map e1m3 where many walls likes to dissapear any reveal monsters.

Comment

Working...
      X