ChaosEsque Anthology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChaosEsque Anthology

ChaosEsque Anthology is a first person shooter. It is a standalone modification of Xonotic which includes extended weapons, maps, vehicles, buildable buildings, mounted weapons, spell casting, monsters, player characters, textures, and game modes.

It has over 100 maps. Some are futuristic, some are ancient, and some are medieval. A few evoke platform games such as sonic, others follow a style more akin to diablo. Some are static maps, others are randomly connected.

There is something to fit your mood. There are mutators that can add mounted weapons in any map, buildings, monsters, foliage, hazards, and even balloons and bumpers. You can fight with futuristic weapons, medieval weapons, and /or hand to hand combat (over 111 weapons). There are also many vehicles (and a mutator to spawn them in maps that do not have them, as is tradition (as you can see)).

You can also set each team to start with different specific weapons if you want to test a theory that you could defeat a well equipped military force with your bolt action rifle or crossbow. Same with vehicles and mounted weapons spawning (you can set which spawn near which team in CTF etc). You can drink wine, potions, learn magic, read scrolls, so on and so forth.

The goal, and much of this has been reached, is to not limit the player.

Special thanks to NASA for images of Earth and Mars.

We also have made DVD jackets and covers for you so you may distribute this game
    to your friends:
    DVD Jackets:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/chao...r.zip/download

Screenshots etc: http://www.lgdb.org/game/chaosesque-anthology

Note: For Integrity check GPG sigining files are available here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/chao...files/signing/
    XonoticChaosEsqueAnthologyREL90.iso.asc
    public_key.asc

Download Game Now:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/chao...atest/download

v90 has been released:
    4 new weapons. Building improvements. Misc fixes and improvements.

New weapons:
    Crypistol (energy pistol)
    SportShotgun (5 shot semi-automatic shotgun)
    SpikedFlail (3 small spikeball chain flail)
    ShootingStar (1 large spikeball on chain flail)

Flails have a 2/3rds chance of deflecting through even when blocked: if so they do 1/3rd damage.
    If too close to person flail will do 1/2 damage (above applies aswell so can be 1/6th)
    Flails also have longer windup time than other melee weapons.
    Thus they have some things to master in them, but if someone is blocking every swing of your sword with their quaterstaff or their sword, you now have an option to get around them.

Pumpshotgun and SportShotgun now have changeable chokes (F+R keys).
    Pumpshotgun: tight, open, duckbill.
    SportShotgun: tight, open, restrictive.

You can now allow the building of "claimstones", which act like garrisons but only for furniature and blocks and do not lockdown land.
    You can also set built beds to create a spawn point.
    (These options are in the startweapons menu with the rest of the buildable options)
    Thus you can allow people to build appartments without having to build a town to start, if you wish.

Various other changes.

If you are updating from version 89, these are the packages you want to update:
    428M Jun 26 06:25 zzzzzz999999_xmod-chaos-esque-xonotic-full_source_and_exec_binaries.pk3
    56M Jun 17 00:42 z9_buildable_buildings.pk3
    149M May 19 14:09 zz99-xmod-chaos-esque-xonotic-map_resources.pk3
    (they go in the Xonoticbla/data/ directory as always)

The .ASC signature is up too, you know where.

There are now 112 weapons in total in the game.
    (including 48 medieval weapons )

Enjoy.

Comment

Note: Quake One maps will work in chaosesque. Each time one is discovered that won't load quakeC code is added to add whatever entity was missing.

Note: The supplemental DVD ("DVD2") includes the QRP textures so everything will show up correctly.
      Supplemental DVD2: http://sourceforge.net/projects/chao...emental/files/

Main DVD1: http://sourceforge.net/projects/chao...atest/download
      Last edited by ChaosEsqueEd; 06-27-2016, 06:19 AM.

Comment

There are mutators where you can:
        Spawn extra weapons randomly in the map (these can be energy, modern, medieval etc, you decide)
        Replace all weapons in a map (with modern, futuristic, medieval etc).
        Randomly Spawn in spikes, bumpers, baloons.

(also rocks, tanktraps, etc)

A foliage system that can add life to any map.

A city generation system that can add buildings to any map.
        (Can generate depressing concrete cities, lively futuristic, nostalgic medeval, or sim-city like cities, all this can be mixed, everything has interiors with you can fill with furniture and lock down with doors if you wish)

There are also added vehicles (such as tanks, cars, helicopters,etc), mounted guns, monsters, etc etc.

There is an inventory system and a building system (think both RTS game and minecraft: you can build full buildings, or blocks and furnishings)

Additionally there is spell casting and the like.

And, ofcourse, Nuclear Munitions, if you wish to spawn them in:

There are 112 weapons in total
        (including 48 medieval weapons)

The game includes over 100 maps. Everything is free, libre, and opensource.
        Last edited by ChaosEsqueEd; 06-27-2016, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Please give feedback.

Comment

Version 94 has been released.

October surprise Be Arnold Schwarzenegger circa 1984 with the weapon types he used to sytematically eliminate possible threats to his kind:

New Weapons:
            AMR-18 Rifle with extended 43 round magazine and stock removed.
            Spas-12 Twelve Gauge Autoloader
            1911 Longslide with laser sighting (second fire button)

Also:
            Styer TMP
            Crylancer (Automated enegy rifle, secondary for long ranged attacks)

New Buildable:
            (for utilitool): Observation Tower (raised tower with 2 stories up top with defensive firing positions)

Fixes:
            F3 and respawn are now same amount of time (thus one does not avoid the respawn delay by going to spec and then rejoining)
            Proper sound for some weapons. Misc other fixes.

Comment

"Whatever happens, we have got,
              the Maxim gun,
              and they have not"

New Vehicles: Fokker Eindecker III Monoplane, A7V Sturmpanzerwagen WWI German Tank.
              New Mounted Gun: Hotchkiss M1914 machinegun. (Used in WW1)
              Fixes: To WWI aeroplanes for reload from ammo stores.
              Extra code to bring the new buildings into the city generation code.
              Misc additions and fixes aswell.

Cut down the savages with these WWI era weapons!
              Round after round ripping through their bodies!

v95 has been released.

Comment

v97:
                New weapons: springfield rifle, mosin nagant, broomhandle mauser pistol, mauser machinepistol.
                New feature: closed bolt automatic small arms will now over heat, like the mounted guns do.
                (Open bolt and watercooled weapons do not overheat)

Enjoy!

"There is scarcely a town or school in Russia from which boys have not run away to the war. Hundreds of girls have gone off in boys' clothes and tried to pass themselves off as boys and enlist as volunteers, and several have got through, since the medical examination is only a negligible formality required in one place, forgotten in another. "

-- Stephen Graham, in "Russia and the World", 1915

QT3.14's for the lines?

v97 Direct download ISO: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/pro...=liquidtelecom

Download latest ISO link: http://sourceforge.net/projects/chao...atest/download

Comment

US election day surprise: v98
                  New weaps: Hellrigel WW1 SMG. Webley revolver. Webley dragoon.

Enjoy!

https://sourceforge.net/projects/cha...atest/download

Comment

Release 99: New weapons: ChauChat, Sho-Sho (30-06 version), BAR-1918, Nagant M1895.
                    New buildables: Large Chest (wooden).

This release adds 4 new world war I weapons to the game: The french ChauChat,
                    The 30-06 version fielded by the American army nicknamed the Sho-Sho (which was horribly unreliable),
                    the 1918 version of the Browning Automatic Rifle, and the Russian Officer's pistol:
                    The 1895 double action model of the Nagant revolver.

The ChauChat and Sho-Sho can jam hard after enough bullets are fired through them
                    and the aluminium (al-uuuu-min-eye-um) heat jacket expands inside. This is coded into the
                    game code, so be careful. Additionally to that short over heatings and jammings can occur aswell,
                    especially with the 30-06 version.

Enjoy!
                    http://sourceforge.net/projects/chao...atest/download

(BTW... the Team here enjoyed the election results, did you?)

Comment

WTF! you have done all this excellent work and not one person has participated in your thread? Quakeone is a completely bullshit place to share your work, far too often. I'm sorry no one has supported you. Keep up the good work! I'll pop in from time to time to give you support.
                      http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Originally posted by chaosesqueed View Post
                        (btw... The team here enjoyed the election results, did you?)
                        I did, hehe
                        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
                          WTF! you have done all this excellent work and not one person has participated in your thread?
                          This may have something to do with posting the same news in two separate threads...
                          ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
                          ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

I noticed that and was confused when I realized both threads were being maintained.However, this is still good stuff worthy of some recognition and support. IMO, this is arguably the most awesome thing currently running...(except maybe AD 1.5)
                            http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

There is a lot of cool stuff here. I think the problem is, as I've mentioned before, the Quake community typically likes simplistic quake-style stuff that doesn't deviate too far from the original. Which is totally retarded to a degree... "I wish there was more new stuff! But wait, that doesn't look like good old Quake at all!"

I hope you're sharing this mod in other areas too, like ModDB and what not. It's next to impossible to impress anyone around here with non-quake stuff. Spend thousands of hours on new content, and it gets forgotten as soon as someone makes a 512x512 rendition of an old 128x128 quake texture.

keep up the good work though

@election results

I sure did as well!
                              'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Working...
                              X