Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prevent player exiting the level

Hi.

I've decided to try and get some friends to play some quake multiplayer. I just want to use the quake shareware in darkplaces. I've tested it and all works good however I remember now that when playing the shareware multiplayer levels, a player can at any time jump into the slipgate and exit the level. (I remember people trolling the servers back in the 90's doing this.)
    Is there any way I can prevent this, either by disabling the exit gates, or editing the shareware levels to remove them?

I do have the full version of quake and all its expansions, however my friends do not, and I don't want to have to tell them all what Steam is and how to use it and pay the $5 for quake.

Any workarounds would be most welcome.

Thanks

Sam

Howdy.

Whoever the server is can set the "noexit" cvar to 1 upon starting the game. So drop down the console and simply type "noexit 1" without quotations. This will instantly kill players of they try to leave a level.

If you want to change the change the level at any point, the server can then type "changelevel <insert map name>" in the console. Example: of you want to play The Dark Zone, type in "changelevel dm6" without quotations.

Hope this helps! Happy quaking, glad to see you're getting some more people into the game!
    'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Hi Launchramp
      You could use a proper server mod such as CRMod or RuneQuake (and simply turn off the runes) both of which allow you to configure exits and map changing.
      Alternatively (and probably much more easily) you could just join one of the many free servers (e.g. NewYork.ServeQuake.com, Damage.ServeQuake.com, EuroQuake.ServeQuake.com, etc) that already have this set up for you and are ready to go.

Hope this helps

Monty
      Mr.Burns
      "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
      WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
      Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Thanks heaps for that. noexit did the trick!

Comment

Working...
        X