Quaketalk - a retrospective reflection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quaketalk - a retrospective reflection

Somehow I came across this document and I must admit I really enjoyed reading it. You can get a glimpse of the technologies of the 90s, how things evolved and how this game developed. Yet the outcome was so different from the original ideas. For an added excitement effect, you can pretend you never played Quake before and as a Doom-er, you sure are very excited about this new game emerging hehe

http://www.gamers.org/games/quake/quaketalk.txt
    The gemstone of gaming is Quake, so load it up and play some

You know, I kind of want to make the game they're talking about in the very first part of that document. Not sure if using the Quake engine, yet... sounds like something that might be fun to play, if done right.

Comment

oh yea totally haha, I was thinking the same thing at some point.

The guy running with the axe and some powerups was not a bad idea at all - maybe some upcoming games could be like that.. I dunno lol

The document is full of great ideas.... I have not fully finished reading it either, I am still somewhere in the beginning (just saying) lol but I felt compelled to share this content with you guys...

oh yea maybe some mappers can get some great ideas from here and make some episodes - just a suggestion
      The gemstone of gaming is Quake, so load it up and play some

Comment

Working...
      X