Quake Protocol Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake Protocol Question

So, in my mod, lots of entities can be created at once. I've been using DP as a test engine, and the DP7 protocol handles it like a dream, unlike the super laggy standard protocol. So, I was wondering if there are any other protocols that can handle hundreds of entities. I can't test every engine, so feedback will be useful.

I've recently been pushing Quakespasm with extra gore, lots of blood splat sprites for gibbing characters. I can throw about 2500 or so entities in one frame before the game crashes. That engine can take a beating, but it still isn't DP or FTE.
    'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Originally posted by SpecialBomb View Post
      So, in my mod, lots of entities can be created at once. I've been using DP as a test engine, and the DP7 protocol handles it like a dream, unlike the super laggy standard protocol. So, I was wondering if there are any other protocols that can handle hundreds of entities. I can't test every engine, so feedback will be useful.
      There's no Quake protocol remotely close to DarkPlaces Protocol 7.

The extended Quake protocols in other engines like protocol 666 in FitzQuake/Quakespasm/other engines are meant for single player enhancement only and simply extend limits.

They offer no network enhancements like DPP7, which offers many.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
      X