Quake Demo Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake Demo Question

In my school, I want to distribute the quake demo, so that anybody there can play quake on my multiplayer server. I'm wondering if the first pack (pak0) has all of the assets needed for deathmatch, besides the maps. I think that the lightning gun code isn't in there, so some confirmation would be great. I don't want to physically pirate registered quake, I'd probably get suspended, lol.

the shareware demo is indeed shareable.
    there are some restrictions though, but giving a copy to everyone on your lan is not one of them, so long as you don't mod it or strip it or something.
    Some Game Thing

Comment

Originally posted by SpecialBomb View Post
      I think that the lightning gun code isn't in there
      The lightning gun is in shareware Quake, you have to type "impulse 9" to get it in single player since it isn't used in the shareware maps.

(Except that if you do the start map in deathmatch mode, there is a lightning gun by the teleporter.)
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

These 2 are right, but I hope you're not trying to get your school buddies to play Quake while at school? O_o
        QuakeOne.com
        Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
        Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
        Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Eh, education gave me nothing. Fuck it, play Quake at school my maen.

YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT...

Comment

Originally posted by DeathMaster View Post
            Eh, education gave me nothing. Fuck it, play Quake at school my maen.
            I've seen the effects of "fuck it play Quake at school" or just "Fuck it" in general.

School teaches more then just 2x2=4, it teaches social skills, early management & business skills, time management, self reflection and morality(in certain cases).

Which almost all those skills have been diluted or ruined by the creation of the internet, social media and COD(heh).

Coming from someone who is "Pre-In-ter-net" days meaning a time long long ago when you couldn't ask a computer how to 2x2=? and get a short-handed answer, Or watch a YouTube video to get a complete visual guide on how to build something, you had to use your 2 hands+a brain and some initiative to get things done. Or how about actually getting together with friends and family without a piece of electronics playing the middle man in conversations.

I've found this new generation(Not all of them) to be lazy entitled brats who are more comfortable inside on a device then outside socializing with real people. It's very sad to see these young individuals so "zombified" with the technology that if you were to take it away they would simply not now what to do.

They're doomed if the power goes out or down, or can't pay an internet bill.

So yeah, I push for stay in school at least till high-school then decide if you want to waste years on college or not. But school is very important.

1 out of 1,000 making it on the "Fuck it play Quake" diet doesn't cut it for me.
            Last edited by Phenom; 08-24-2016, 09:49 PM.
            QuakeOne.com
            Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
            Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
            Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
              I've seen the effects of "fuck it play Quake at school" or just "Fuck it" in general.

School teaches more then just 2x2=4, it teaches social skills, early management & business skills, time management, self reflection and morality(in certain cases).
              Exactly.

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
              It's very sad to see these young individuals so "zombified" with the technology that if you were to take it away they would simply not now what to do.
              One of the biggest myths in the world is the continuity of success!

Success leads to excess. Excess can lead to a lack of motivation. Lack of motivation leads to mediocrity, which can lead right back to failure.

Buddha once said that "want is cause of all suffering". I would sort of disagree with that. Want is the cause of all human productivity. People that want nothing usually do almost nothing

May you always want something just outside your grasp --- it causes one to grow!
              Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
              X