Recommend me some tools for Quake machinima

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me some tools for Quake machinima

Tried downloading a litany of tools for creating Quake machinima videos. Either the links are broken, or the programs aren't compatible with modern operating systems. Any help would be appreciated.

I use darkplaces, and some console commands.

Here is the list of commands I use with the values I use and the default values in brackets:

sv_cheats 1 (0)
    cl_yawspeed 10 (140)
    cl_pitchspeed 10 (150)
    cl_forwardspeed 40 (400)
    cl_backspeed 40 (400)
    cl_sidespeed 40 (350)
    cl_upspeed 40 (400)
    r_drawviewmodel 0 (1)
    cl_rollangle 0 (2.0)
    cl_bob 0 (0.02)
    crosshair 0 (1)
    notarget N/A
    god N/A
    noclip N/A
    cl_noplayershadow 1 (0)

These commands will give you basic control over how your player acts, and will help you us the player as a camera. As for any mods are other programs to help with this, I can't help you there.

What I can offer is to help you out with anything you're trying to work on. Just add me on steam (usernam: Sgt-PieFace) or PM me on this site if you have any questions or want to work together on something.

To give a little example of what you could make with just a client and basic video editing software, here's a video I make a short while back: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DQFTBcezag[/ame]

Good luck!

Comment

Tried this? Quake Terminus
      Got the link in a post by Nahuel from a couple years ago, haven't tested the downloads.
      ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
      ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

Already checked it.

Comment

On programs incompatible with modern OS: you could use a virtual machine running an adequate OS.
          ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
          ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

Of course you gotta need a team if you want to make a complex movie, here is a example [ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5lguPoLRf8[/ame] Good luck!

Comment

Working...
            X