Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server "Smoothness" issue

Hello all!

Recently, I came across an odd realization on my darkplaces server, and that was that it had an odd "choppiness" to it. It wasn't lagging, this is on my local network, so that would be impossible. I thought it was odd, since I didn't notice it until now.

To see if I was going crazy or not, I went to Cobalt's dev server, and it was a ton smoother than mine. It was as if my server was locked at 20 fps, despite the ticrate being the same on both our servers. Not only that, I had a ping of around 50.

After that, I thought that it was just that my server's processor couldn't handle it (I'm using a raspberry pi 2). To test this, I made a single player deathmatch game on my own computer. Surely, no choppiness there, right? Wrong. It felt EXACTLY like my external server.

It's at this point where I'm asking for any solutions to my problem (oddly, Cobalt had no idea what was happening). So, I hope that you guys may have my answer. It would be amazing to play my server at the rate Cobalt's was going at, as I have created some fast paced stuff on the mod I'm working on.

Thanks

Never fucking mind

Just realized I had vsync on, that was the culprit.

Comment

Why don't you ask Cobalt for his config and server command line and use that and use the same executable he is using too.

1) If it works, "Yay it works!"
      2) If it doesn't work and all other things are equal, it's your computer or hardware.

You better know if it is scenario #1 or scenario #2.

Scenario #2 is going to be hell on Earth with a million different possibilities of what is wrong.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by SpecialBomb View Post
        Never fucking mind

Just realized I had vsync on, that was the culprit.
        Life is easy, yay!
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
          Life is easy, yay!
          Wish it was all the time, lol.

All I'm wondering is why I had it on in the first place

Anyway, I'm about to post a demo showing the walljumping mod I created for my current Quake dm project.

Comment

Working...
          X