X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sbdm demonstration

A demo of my deathmatch mod so far.

sbdm.dem

This mod is not supposed to be flashy, or difficult, just to make deathmatch a bit more complex.

Real modders make videos. Pretty much no one is going to look at a demo, most people don't know how to play a demo anyway.

In DarkPlaces do you cl_capturevideo 1 to start capture, cl_capturevideo 0 (or something extremely similar) to end capture and upload to youtube and paste the link in the forums.

/I'm just saying
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
      Real modders make videos. Pretty much no one is going to look at a demo, most people don't know how to play a demo anyway.

In DarkPlaces do you cl_capturevideo 1 to start capture, cl_capturevideo 0 (or something extremely similar) to end capture and upload to youtube and paste the link in the forums.

/I'm just saying
      Yeah, tried that a while ago, made it look like shit. My card just isn't powerful enough to work with capture programs.

Comment

Just grab the free version of Fraps and keep the video under 30 seconds. You can also download DivX or some other video converter.

This is what I used to do and my computer is more than likely worse than yours. It's 13 years old.
        'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
          It's 13 years old.
          And here I thought dinosaurs were extinct...
          ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
          ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

DarkPlaces video capture sucks compared to the video capture in JoeQuake, ezQuake, Requiem (<--- has video capture on Linux according to readme) because DarkPlaces doesn't use a compression codec like XVID, DIVX or H.264 or what not.

That being said, to use DarkPlaces video capture and have it suck less ...

A possible option
            1. Change video mode to 640 x 400 or even 320 x 240 or something so there are less pixels displayed.
            2. Type "cl_capturevideo_fps 15" or even "cl_capturevideo_fps 5" in the console to reduce the number of frames per second.

But yeah, using something like Fraps or one of the other free video capture tools that are available for your operating system might work a lot better.

/Sorry you have old computer
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

record it as a demo, play it back and simultaneously capture it to video with fte's capturedemo command. the result is a video that will not skip any frames even if you're running it on a potato with no gpu. you might only be able to achieve 1fps while recording, but capturing will be smooth with the exact framerate requested.
              you can also get it to capture at higher resolutions than your monitor can display.

pair it with the 'avplug' plugin, and you can use ffmpeg's various codecs to write out the video without any extra steps.
              but yeah, configuring stuff exactly how you want it is always annoying. :/
              Some Game Thing

Comment

Working...
              X