No announcement yet.

Does anyone have this scrag skin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, it's the same. Gwyn, I don't have to upload mine after all, you can download it via Blood Vengeance's Dropbox link.
    ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
    ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

the link from blood vengeance is a skin for ruohis' high-poly wizard model,
      not a skin for the original low-poly ID1 model.

ruohis' scrag-model is very authentic though, it looks just like the original ID1 model but smoother
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

So, have you found the file you were searching for, Gwyn? So many files have shown till now on the thread that I am confused.

If not i have one file named ZzZzZ89__scrag-3skin_ruohis_shamC-arioch_sean.pk3 with 4 scrag skins, one of them has yellow eyes on the .luma, and in the text file the name Sean Slayback shows up but I don't know if it is the same person, neither i can say is the same skin you are searching for because i don't see any picture on the first post to check.

Comment

Finally! I got to see your post and screenshot. Your post showed up as the last one in the Quake Central subforum but didn't appear when i opened the thread, so i had to use a roundabout way by going to your posts and searching for it, after loading it once, it just go on OK. It also worked if i switched to Firefox. Probably an issue with features and compatibilities between Explorers, it happened to me in another forum too.

Well, back to the main issue. Now that i see you screenshot i can say for sure it isn't the one. I understood bfg666 yellow eyes and this one has white with red on the outside. The one i thought was the one you want has yellow eyes with green on the outside.

I found one that looks like it is, with another one that looks similar (maybe Ruohi's). Weird i didn't use it till now, looks way better and more faithful than the others i have. Till now the most faithful i had on was Fraggers'. The weirdest thing is that the front and back are switched and the poor wizard has the eyes on its shoulders, looking back, so you'll have to meddle with it a bit before using. And send it back so we can all use it .

So far i have 8 skins and at least 1 extra model. This is madness. Have to tidy things up a bit but I prefer to not to think how much of a mess i would have if i were to download the ones from these last two years too.

Well, here you have, Gwyn:
          https://www.dropbox.com/s/ki7rejzlye..._sean.pk3?dl=1

Comment

Originally posted by Gwyn
            However it's for the Ruohis model so I'll have to figure out a way to apply it to the stock id1 model.
            Why don't you just use it on Ruohi's? In post #16, you said:
            I was hoping for something more "HD looking" but still faithful
            Well, Ruohi's is just that: a faithful but higher-poly model.
            ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
            ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

Originally posted by Gwyn
              Thanks! By the way, awesome maps you've made too. That is if you're the same Cocerello in the mapjams .

Checked out that zip and it looks like the proper one is in there. However it's for the Ruohis model so I'll have to figure out a way to apply it to the stock id1 model. I have absolutely zero experience doing this so this will be interesting.
              Cheers
              Yes, the one and only Cocerello, i doubt anyone in the Quake Community knows what that name means, except maybe Kinn. But maybe you are confusing me with another person, i only made speedmaps till now and quite hurried ones, save one a crappy small one i did back in 1997, and i only submitted for a jam once. And my maps are quite crappy, neither I am satisfied with them as i released them unfinished at the last moment, save the one for sm177.

Well, good luck with those fixes to the skin! If i find another version of that one i'll tell you soon.

Comment

Working...
              X