Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Quad - 16 years of dedication

Published on Mar 14, 2012

This is a video about a game. A game which is over 16 years old, but still be played from many people around the world. Its a movie which shows, that a game which looks brutal and senseless at the first glance, is much more than you might think.

Iam happy to show you the magic of that game, called Quakeworld, released by ID Software in 1996.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF-s9N-gclA

are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
      @talisa just look the ajora's avatar...
      the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

uhmm.... yeah, i have no f-ing clue what that is...
        i mean, its obviously some anime character, but i have no clue where its from
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Quakeworld came out in 1998. Just a heads up.
          'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
            ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

That character is named "Fry" from the American cartoon sitcom "Futurama," by Matt Groening.

Matt Groening is best known the world over for creating the animated sitcom "The Simpsons."

Anime they are most certainly not.

Comment

@manwithnoname22
                me saying i have no clue where its from was in response to nahuel telling me to look at ajora's avatar

Originally posted by nahuel View Post
                @talisa just look the ajora's avatar...

of course i know who fry is, lol....
                futurama is one of my all-time favourite cartoons

i think i could even tell you exactly which episode the screenshot used in that meme is from....

im pretty sure it would be from the episode in which they have to deliver that beauty pageant crown for miss universe,
                and they happen to run into flexo which ends up getting hired as additional guard, despite fry not trusting flexo.
                that face is the look fry gives when looking at flexo while on the ship and saying he doesnt trust the guy
                Last edited by talisa; 11-07-2016, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Those aren't my words. I just copied the video description. The anime in question is called Umaru Chan.

Comment

Why is this a big deal? It's a fucking avatar.

YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT...

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
                      Quakeworld came out in 1998. Just a heads up.
                      Well, first version of Quakeworld was released late 96'. Final official build of QW came out late 98'.

Comment

Originally posted by RaggA View Post
                        Well, first version of Quakeworld was released late 96'. Final official build of QW came out late 98'.
                        Just did some reading and yep, you're right. I stand corrected, my apologies. I was thinking of the final release I guess.
                        'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
                          Just did some reading and yep, you're right. I stand corrected, my apologies. I was thinking of the final release I guess.
                          Yeah to the best of my knowledge the Quakeworld project was an academic exercise of sorts by John Carmac to test ideas he was working on for Quake 2's code.

Comment

Originally posted by RaggA View Post
                            Yeah to the best of my knowledge the Quakeworld project was an academic exercise of sorts by John Carmac to test ideas he was working on for Quake 2's code.
                            hahah that's funny!

I think quake and rage are the "incompleted" FPS of ID software.
                            the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

Working...
                            X