Mod idea using stock elements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mediocre adventures of amateur wank!

Sorry about the sweetfx CRT overkill. I forgot to turn that off before taking pics but you get the idea.

Comment

Looks like you're on the right track!
      'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

The version of QME I have is some "lite" version that wont let me save work on models with more than 20 frames. Is there a better .mdl editor or toolset out there I could be using? Im on Win10x64 and a few of the other QME's wouldnt install because of it

Comment

Carefully read the last 50 posts of this thread and you will find something that may help:

Func_Msgboard: Modelling Help\Screenshots\Requests

Particularly the Pritchard posts.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

thanks boss!

Comment

doing some reskinning experiments.

Shifted the ogre's eyes out further to the sides. added little fullbright red dots that shine out from darkness. made the teeth more crooked. I wanted him to look inbred and unhinged.

Tried to make the wounds in the zombie body look like a more unnatural sort of decay. The head just a black mass with a screaming mouth. Also added the gib particle effect to him so he's always constantly dribbling a little blood.

Comment

Not much new on the quakec front, but heres an update on the skins. Yeah, I know I said I wanted to do it with stock elements, but I'm sure I'm not the first one who said that. Anyway here you go

Comment

Also. Yes. that is a penis. Just something unnerving about making them unabashedly naked humans was creepy to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Amon26 View Post
                    Also. Yes. that is a penis.
                    A penis? I would call that a wart... Now that's a penis:

Nice improvement of the zombie's face: before, it looked like zombies were wearing hoods.
                    Last edited by Mugwump; 11-10-2016, 06:22 PM.
                    ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
                    ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

could have spent my entire life, died at a ripe old age, peacefully surrounded by loved ones and family members without having seen that picture.

...why would you do such a thing?

Comment

Because the pic was funny?
                        ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
                        ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

well ya got me there

Comment

...that poor bastard. Anyone who's ever seen stallions doing the deed knows what I mean. Lol.

Question: what if the zombies used to be chicks?
                            'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

just entities of smouldering molten slag wrapped in armor.

Comment

It's time for me to get back to work, so I need to put a bow on this. Here it is. the quakec stuff is extremely amateur tutorial junk, but the models and skins might be something interesting for better modders than me to work off or just use as inspiration.

Basically, I wanted to give quake a slightly heavier, more Half-Life 1 meets Silent Hill sense of gravitas. No floating powerups, harder gore, weapons more damaging but less reliable or fast. Also there's a funny gib experiment I did. Disregard that

Here it is for anyone who wants a peek

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...2/hangnail.zip

thanks everyone who replied and gave me advice. Ive always wanted to mess with QuakeC. I wish I had more time to focus on it but I just can't remain on it any longer without it taking away from my work schedule.

Comment

Working...
                                X