Server Admins Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Admins Question

This is just a question but... With servers not very populated these days... Is there any way to put up... say a ctf, dm, and/or ca server that is populated with bots that would drop out as "real" people join? I don't have the technical knowledge to do it or I would look into it. I know some people like doing the 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 2 thing but I think it would be cool if you could join a full 8 vs 8 ctf server, even if a certain amount of the population were bots. I know I'm more likely to join a server with more participants. This may have already been tried and didn't work out. If it has, I missed the boat.

Just an idea...

Thoughts?
    *I chose the road less traveled... Now I don't know where the hell I am*
    sigpic

Its probably not exactly what you are looking for, but the NewDM mod servers will enable you to play against the bots allowing you to adjust their skill level to your liking and add (addbot) and remove (removebot) them as needed. Maybe that might help until the mighty Rook codes up your nice idea

Kind regards
    Monty
    Mr.Burns
    "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
    WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
    Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

I was waiting for rook to get this up and rolling. At one point he talked about it. I would gladly run servers again if it ever comes to reality.

Comment

The NewDM DP7 server that is sometimes running in the Darkplaces server lists has this feature. The other older versions running do not.

2 bots are always on the server.
        If 2 people connect, 1 bot will disconnect.
        If 3 people connect, all bots will disconnect.

Additional bots can be added and removed via vote commands as well.

This is not really a hard thing to code, Frikbots are easily plug and playable, and getting them to auto-connect and leave is a simple matter as well.

Comment

Originally posted by wicked_lord View Post
          I was waiting for rook to get this up and rolling. At one point he talked about it. I would gladly run servers again if it ever comes to reality.
          I'd pony up for some server time as well. I just don't know how to do it.
          *I chose the road less traveled... Now I don't know where the hell I am*
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dilligaf View Post
            I'd pony up for some server time as well. I just don't know how to do it.
            It's easy to do.

Comment

Working...
            X