Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Version 100 - Your input?- What do you think about getting to one hundread releases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ years ago some people were posting a google map of what they thought was my house, because they were angry about something I said. They got the map via IP lookup and geo-location. I was using a proxy then too so they got the wrong one.

!strictly my opinion!

if I was in that position. I would have doxxed every last one of them and my info would not have been wrong. The last thing on earth they would have been worried about was where I live. They'd be worried that I really do know where they live. Unless you live in a 3rd world country, I can find you.

I guess my point is, Im not running from anybody. I would make it my project to completely destroy their life. Coming to my house wouldn't be very bright either.

What are you afraid of? Worst case scenario, some human or group of humans would attempt to bring you harm. They would be walking into a blind situation with absolutely no way to gauge what to expect. That makes them stupid. If you will hide from stupid people what wont you hide from? The fact that you would hide at all makes you the loser. Letting internet people control your life is pathetic. Don't be pathetic, bro. What reason would these people have to expect that you aren't maybe some survivalist military nut that will answer the door with a real bazooka? I have faced a FUCK LOAD of conflict in my life. The keyword is FACED. I'm still here. One time I knocked on the door (purposely) of a house full of people that claimed they wanted to kill me. I'm not dead. They were in complete disbelief of the amount of balls I possess. I made myself untouchable in that act. Every last one of them was thinking "What does this mother fucker have up his 'sleeve' and do I really want to find out?" In their world I must be crazy to knock on their door. In my world I would have to be crazy not to. Face your problems. Free your life.

PS> I never said your project was full of garbage. Listen to me now and hear me well. I said, if your posts are full of garbage what reason would anyone have to believe that something as complicated as your project wouldn't be. It was a heads up that everything you do is perceived as a reflection of everything else you do so, maybe you should take more time to represent yourself as well as possible.

Actually, about 100% of your complaints regarding my words seemed to completely ignore what I was actually saying and turn it into some personal attack. I have no reason to attack you. With great passion I attempted to help you, possibly in a tough-love way. You can't handle that so the help is over. I don't say that in a bitter way. I say it because all I'm going to do is eventually piss you off again... so what's the point? If I take the time outline a lot of information that will help you reach more people and all you get out of it is conflict, we both lose. I waste all my effort and you don't benefit from utilizing it.
    Last edited by MadGypsy; 12-15-2016, 06:54 PM.
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

New Release:
      Release 103 brings some new additions and bugfixes right in time for Chistmas:
      New weapons: Three new LightSabres - Red, Green, Blue, each with own handle style and different stats.
      New monster: Ninja Assassin. Buildables: recruitment posts placed in shrines will recruit Ninja Assassins (about 15 grain needed for each, 1 housing).
      Improvements to ambient temp system, Improvements to freeze/paralyse.
      Bug fixes. Addition of manual-ctf-flag capping option (must manually bring
      flag back to base if enabled). New music for ArenaAutomatica (AKA: AutoPlayArena ]|[)
      Settings>Input documentation added to.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_AtKjb2ovQ[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBMqpTUwIlA[/ame]

Comment

hello!! i am not a very fan of your mod but I admire the amount of effort that you have put to everything !! And in addition to the amount of resources that you make available (under CC or GPL) for developers.

Congratulations, and thank you!
        the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

@nahuel
          Thanks. Some more stuff was done to help mappers in this release.

Release 105:
          New vehicles imported and added (spacecraft) with lasers and pulse lasers as armaments,

New entities for mappers to put down buildings in their maps (building_sctiles, etc), many entities added to netradiants entities.ent file (vehicles, food, drink, nades, etc).

Bugfixes, cleanup.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYNjAKLtEYw[/ame]
          [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXh2LKnMZDk[/ame]

Comment

We now have a second DVD: volume 2, as there is not enough room for new maps on the first DVD.

Release 112: Two new weapons since last announcement: Dragunov SVD, and a bat. A new vehicle: submersible. Extensive bugfixes and improvements.
            Players who venture into lava now will ignite: making the hazard that much more deadly (and realistic)
            And now there is a Volume 2 of the game as we have expanded past the capacity of one DVD. Volume 2 includes a new terrain map: Grand Chessboard (8 miles across), aswell as the maps EstateEsque and TankConcourse (amongst others)
            Additionally there has been improvements to the foliage system and vehicles system.

Download: http://sourceforge.net/projects/chao...atest/download
            Volume2: http://sourceforge.net/projects/chao...atest/download

Comment

Release 113 adds a speedboat, improvements, and ... I noticed a q1 map used teleporter_touch, whereas it is called Teleporter_Touch in Xonotic gamecode... thus void teleporter_touch() { Teleporter_Touch(); } had to be added for said Q1 community map to load.

Comment

Release 116 brings some features of interest to mappers! Mario's controlable elevator code was ported over (Thanks Mario for the great feature), aswell as
                advanced movement options, Thus now a mapper is not confined to 1:linear, 2:cosine, as the platmovement types, He now has
                the option of defining a curve aswell! (Server admins / hosts can also override defaults via cvars now, so even if there is an old map, the new movement can be used)
                Additionally the advanced movement feature for platforms was adapted for func_door_rotating and func_rotating.
                For func_rotating, additionally, period and periodtype key-values were added so one may define how long the movement curve is
                and whether one wants a smooth(2) reset or an abrupt(1) reset, smooth(2) is default if nothing is defined by the mapper.
                Traditionally platmovetype styles of 1 and 2 (and default) are respected, only if
                a 2 number string is entered as platmovetype is the new movement used.
                The .ent files for netradiant have been updated in the mapping pk3 aswell as in netradiant's directory.
                Thanks Mario for the elevator and help with an infinite loop in the plat code!

Volume 2 has a slight update for mappers: the .tga pk3s for the standard textures are now included in volume 2:
                netradiant doesn't load .dds textures so these are needed to see what one is mapping.

If anyone would like to contribute new free-opensource maps for volume2, we're looking for more worlds!

The new variables are:
                g_platmovetype_legacyoverride_enable 0 "1: override legacy movements with a modern curve, 2 force this for all"
                g_platmovetype_legacyoverride "0 0" "a two number string (eg: [ 0 3 ]) defining the movement: known good cases: (0, [0..3]) (0.5, [0..3.8]) (1, [0..4]) (1.5, [0..3.9]) (2, [0..3.7]) (2.5, [0..3.4]) (3, [0..3]) (3.5, [0.2..2.3]) (4, 1) you can also force: [ 100 1 force ]"
                g_platmovetype_legacyoverride_enable_func_train 0 "override all map set platmovetype of func_train and use g_platmovetype_legacyoverride setting instead"
                g_platmovetype_legacyoverride_enable_func_rotating 0
                g_platmovetype_legacyoverride_func_train "" "if set (eg to [ 0 3 ] [ 4 1 ] etc), will be used rather than g_platmovetype_legacyoverride"
                g_platmovetype_legacyoverride_func_rotating "" "if set (eg to [ 0 3 ] [ 4 1 ] etc), will be used rather than g_platmovetype_legacyoverride"
                g_platmovetype_legacyoverride_func_rotating_period time 0
                g_platmovetype_legacyoverride_func_rotating_period type 0 "1: abrupt, 2: smooth, Default: smooth"

Comment

Release 117b: A minor update adding entities for mappers that allow them to easily place furniture from the buildable buildings system in their maps.
                  Vector arrow points to the back of the furnishing (to the wall or whatever it will be up against, if anything)
                  Examples: furniture_classic_CHAIR_WOOD furniture_classic_GREEKPILLAR furniture_future_DESK furniture_future_STOVE4
                  Also there is now a building_buildable_by_count Special general function that allows a mapper to build a buildable building (multitool / utilitool) by it's number
                  (NOTE: If a specific function exists use that instead) (the buildings are designed for the angles 0, 90, 180, 270, furnishings for any Z angle)

Comment

Thoughts?

Comment

Release 117c: A small code update which gives mappers the ability to set inventory in a furnishing.
                      This includes non-containers aswell: in those cases the furnishing must be destroyed before the inventory can be acquired (think: barrels).
                      Though a minor update, this update is useful to mappers.

Hi Julius. Any news on that crash test dummy player model?

Comment

hello chasoesqueed

great stuff as always !!!
                        the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

Release 117d: This update adds a new spell: Timesink. Now you can have some of the power of Homura from Puella Magi Madoka Magica! (Though not the ability to travel backwards in time). You can slow down time, and at higher levels of the spell you can run as fast as normal while everyone is slowed, also at higher levels you can set how slow you want time to go (by pressing E F and or Crouch for different levels of slowdown, these can be combined, while you cast the spell (C)), and end the spell by re-casting it! Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by nahuel View Post
                            hello chasoesqueed

great stuff as always !!!
                            Hey how's it going! Thanks

Did a new spell yesterday: timesink, as I was inspired by Madoka Anime and it's sequel movie Rebellion.

Comment

Release 117e: A new spell has been added: Grace. A magic circle spell somewhat inspired in-part by Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Be like the sweet pink haired girl Madoka Kaname and save your friends from the hardships of life: for those within the circle a healing aura heals wounds (but harms undead: purifying the area), for any damage fired into the circle from outside no damage or even health is dealt to those inside the circle (however damage originating from players inside the circle to those inside is unchanged). No gibbage occurs inside the circle and reduced blood. Cherry Blossom like particles fill the air. Additionally respawned players souls float up within the circle as ghosts giving a calming effect.

Additionally, White/Holy spells (Holybolt, Holyword, Grace) are increased in spell level when cast outdoors directly under the sky: Holybolt by 4 levels (1 level if a scroll), HolyWord by 3 levels (1 level if a scroll), and Grace 2 levels (1 level if a scroll) giving one added ease at purifying atleast the above ground world!.

Enjoy!

Comment

Release 117f: New magic circle spell: Vampyric Conduit: damage done within the circle is added to the lifeforce of the attacker (be careful not to attack undead within the circle (unless you are undead) tho!)

Thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                                X