Specified video mode not available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specified video mode not available

Need some help please. Using "glpro4.51", have tried the latest Qrack also, still not working. I just bought a new computer and the video mode runs in 1920x1080 and I have tried everything to get GLpro4.51 to run but it says, "specified video mode not available".

I tried to put the -height -width in and changed it to lower resolution's as well and still will not load up.

Thank's in advance.

many engines have a limited number of slots for modes, and that means that the higher-res ones might not fit.
    you might have more luck with variations on the mode, like 16bpp.
    otherwise you have two options: 1) change your system to not advertise so many modes to games like quake, such that the list doesn't get filled (nvidia have some tool to change the list of modes advertised, which you might have some luck with). 2) use a different quake engine - one that doesn't have that arbitrary limit or one that isn't even restriction to the limited ones that windows might decide to advertise today - one like FTE.
    Some Game Thing

Comment

Originally posted by Spike View Post
      many engines have a limited number of slots for modes, and that means that the higher-res ones might not fit.
      you might have more luck with variations on the mode, like 16bpp.
      otherwise you have two options: 1) change your system to not advertise so many modes to games like quake, such that the list doesn't get filled (nvidia have some tool to change the list of modes advertised, which you might have some luck with). 2) use a different quake engine - one that doesn't have that arbitrary limit or one that isn't even restriction to the limited ones that windows might decide to advertise today - one like FTE.
      Thank's for the reply Spike. I got it figured out. What happened was, I have a gpu on the motherboard as well as a nvidia geforce gtx 1070 8gb card. I just bought this new system and for some reason I had to install the driver's for the card as the system did not recognize it. It works now at 1920/1080.

Comment

Working...
      X