Happy Holidays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Holidays

Hope everyone is well! Have a great new year!

Thanks, As written in another post, exactly 20 years ago under the xmas tree there was.......Quake. After 20 years I'm still into Quake, oh, and even more than 20 years ago
    Make Quake Great Again

Comment

heh... fun fact.... i actually never got to play quake1 untill 2010 myself

up untill then i had only played quake2, q3a and quake4.
      i knew that obviously there had to be a quake1 too but i just expected the same scifi strogg nonsense.

then in 2010 ID has a sale with all quake-games for 15bucks or so for all 4 games....
      man did i regret it so hard that i never looked into quake1 untill then...

compared to quake1 all the other games wearing the name are kinda crappy and boring as hell.....
      the cyborgs & endless scifi-bases just feel bland and un-inspired compared to the beautifull medieval and lovecraftian dimensions & monsters

i instantly fell in love and it mmediately became my favourite game of all time, especially after finding the quakeone forums
      and discovering all the amazing models, maps and mods made by everyone over here
      Last edited by talisa; 12-25-2016, 08:05 AM.
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Yourself as well Ramp.

-Sting

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
          the cyborgs & endless scifi-bases just feel bland and un-inspired compared to the beautifull medieval and lovecraftian dimensions & monsters
          Yeah, I never understood why they switched universes and never came back.
          ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
          ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

Working...
          X