Need help with surface lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with surface lighting

So I'm working on what i'll call a little 'project' for now. I'm trying to do some surface lighting, and its going well so far.

A problem arises when I try to see the surface lit texture in a client with real-time world lighting enabled. I'll use darkplaces to showcase my problem but it is not exclusive to that client.

With real-time world lighting off:

With real-time world lighting on:

It seems that with real-time world lighting the engine is ignoring the _surface aspect of the light entities and just rendering light from its source.

Any help would be much appreciated!

if you will use darkplaces and rt and lit files, i suggest you to use a rtlight file you can edit the intensity of each light using rtlight file
    the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt-PieFace View Post
      So I'm working on what i'll call a little 'project' for now. I'm trying to do some surface lighting, and its going well so far.

A problem arises when I try to see the surface lit texture in a client with real-time world lighting enabled. I'll use darkplaces to showcase my problem but it is not exclusive to that client.

With real-time world lighting off:

With real-time world lighting on: use soundcloud to mp3 & read kissmanga list

It seems that with real-time world lighting the engine is ignoring the _surface aspect of the light entities and just rendering light from its source.

Any help would be much appreciated!
      You can edit the intensity of each light using rtlight file...

Comment

Working...
      X