Jobs Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jobs Open

So I posted this on func_ and I got a sarcastic reply from ayy lmao instead of someone wanting a job.

So spots are open!

Coders(3 spots)
    Modelers(3 spots)
    Mappers(3 spots + me)
    Sounds(2 spots or contributions)
    Concept Artist(2 spots)
    Particle Font+Miscellanous Stuff (2 spots)
    One volunteer for the .fgd and .def files.

Every week we will discuss progress and stuff.

Modelers please note this is a pure Quake 1 mod.No md3 or any fancy stuff,but there will be a particle font.

Email me at [email protected]

@ijaaz
    Dude,lets party!
    Bring some food and drink.I got Arcane Dimensions 2.666!?!

How much are you paying for each of these jobs? Can you prove you have the money, like an escroe account or something? What license do you intend to use for all the material? Are you incorporated? Do you have insurance? How are you handling taxes? Can you post a copy of the contract?
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

This isn't a paid mod unfortunately.
      This is a Quake 1 mod,not a different engine thing.
      But if you want you could join!
      Uses GPL-3.
      Dude,lets party!

Comment

Ah, you do not know the definition of job. You have volunteer work positions. There is no point in me joining cause you are living in la-la land if you think you are going to find all these people and get this done for free.

Time is money. Anyone you find for free will not be very skilled and your project will just run in circles. You have never made a quake mod and do not have a following of people so, to anybody serious, you are nobody and this is a joke.

I say harsh things but, I mean you no disrespect.

To put things in perspective for you - I am known, have proved my skills in numerous ways here, have friends that know their stuff and I have some kind of a following. I couldn't even pull off what you are attempting.
        Last edited by MadGypsy; 02-18-2017, 08:20 AM.

Comment

sorry, little OT, i do not have the time to join your team !!
          very nice pic-avatar Ijazz
          the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

However, if you would like to prove me wrong I could give you a heads up on how to try. You listed yourself as a mapper. Make a map. Prove you have some skills and direction. Get people interested in what you are doing solo and build your dreams up from there.

Comment

@gypsy
              All right.Gimme a few months and you will see a map on quaddicted and func.

@nahuel
              It's ok.I know about these things.Just tell me when you get the time.I can wait.
              This pic-avatar was downloaded for a project I had to do.It involved writing a poem in Hindi(stupid second language classes) and decorating it with pictures or drawings.
              Dude,lets party!

Comment

More like April 1st.The QUMP Project is going to come to an end.
                Dude,lets party!

Comment

@nahuel
                  It's ok.I know about these things.Just tell me when you get the time.I can wait.
                  This pic-avatar was downloaded for a project I had to do.It involved writing a poem in Hindi(stupid second language classes) and decorating it with pictures or drawings.
                  I think hindi is really great and beautiful!! in fact i start to study devanagari alphabet time ago, to study sanskrit after, its hard i think but i really love it
                  I know a few poems in hindi (some old and religious poems) and the poems are really awesome, but hard to understand-translate to a spanish-speaker
                  the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

good deal, ijazz. I really do wish you luck. One thing, I will volunteer myself for your fgd/def stuff. I know that shit more or less inside-out and could practically help you as an afterthought. I offer that forever. No time limit or exceptions.

All I ever need is a copy/paste of any/all functions you add to qc. I mean it just like that. No "here's my source" send me exact functions and I will knock it out.

Comment

@ijazz

You need to prove to people you have something worth contributing to. You have to get them interested, and excited. You basically have to do what money would otherwise do.

Right now, your portfolio is empty. You have nothing to show to anyone. It's essentially the same as me making a post that reads: "I'm running for president in 2020, I have zero political experience and have never held an office of any kind. I need a campaign manager, a legal team, and contributions."

You have to lay the groundwork for the mod as the leader. Which means you need to be more skilled, have more vision, and do SIGNIFICANTLY more work than anyone else you may get to sign on. You have to know more than anyone else on the team, because laying the foundation requires you to do a bit of everything involved in making the mod. Coding, modeling, texturing, animating, mapping, scripting, story creation, on and on and on.

When you have all of this done (say 25% of the work), and you get everyone excited by showing them just how badass and epic this mod will be, then people will be interested in helping. They may even offer to help.

I'm speaking from experience. You're too new to remember RiftQuake, but I went down this exact same road before. The project died cause I moved onto other things. But I laid the foundation of the mod, and sure enough some people wanted to contribute.

When you have tangible evidence that your mod is worth contributing to, you can count me in. I will help in any way that I can. But not until I know to a 100% certainty that any effort I put in will actually see the light of day, and not rot away on a hard drive. I feel bad that I never released my mod, which included some work from a guy named BloodShot. Fortunately, his weapons were donated to the project, he didn't specifically make them for the project, and I believe they are still seeing use elsewhere.
                      'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Non-paid coding/development jobs can still look great on a resume, so I think this is pretty cool; the more projects you can show on your GitHub account the better IMO
                        Best FPS's of All-Time: Quake, Goldeneye, Half-Life
                        https://www.LFGdating.com

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
                          You listed yourself as a mapper. Make a map. Prove you have some skills and direction. Get people interested in what you are doing solo and build your dreams up from there.
                          ^This is basically what I was going to say...

Originally posted by ijazz View Post
                          So I posted this on func_ and I got a sarcastic reply from ayy lmao instead of someone wanting a job.

So spots are open...

Nobody wants to follow an empty attempt at a dream you once had. I know.

If you want to gain interest you need to have something worth being interested in other than words that come as nails scratching a chalkboard to people to do these job titles at something more than a light hobby level and ultimately for fun.

Come back with something at least, don't start like this.

Get a map made, learn to mod,texture,3D modeling etc. Expect to complete your first few dozen mods all alone before anyone even budges a finger to help you. If you don't want to do the work to show you at least have basic leadership skills and mod skills yourself than nobody will be willing to do the work for you especially for free.

It sounds good and amazing to you, we all have dreams, but never expect people to go out of their way for you for free.

You want a mod, go get it.

Your post should have read something like this...

Hey guys check out this awesome mod I made! You can also find other mods of mine on my URL!.... etc
                          Build interest in your projects, show quality and the right people will come to you. Who knows, you might become a game development company out of the experience you gain.

Good luck on your journey!
                          Last edited by Phenom; 02-27-2017, 08:07 PM.
                          QuakeOne.com
                          Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                          Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                          Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Working...
                          X