Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All impulse 252, impulse 253 and impulse 254 not doing anything in darkplaces engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All impulse 252, impulse 253 and impulse 254 not doing anything in darkplaces engine

I find more than one website that tells that:

impulse 252 gives Pentagram of Protection for 30 seconds
    impulse 253 gives Ring of Shadows also for 30 seconds
    and
    impulse 254 gives Bio-suit also for 30 seconds.

But each of these commands do nothing in darkplaces engine, so why there are websites in the internet that talk about these commands?

Do I miss some important .dat files, like progs, that make these commands to work?

I don't know which mod those sites are referring to, but most of that sort of site copies any other cheat, often without even testing them.

impulse handling is the responsibility of the mod (read: progs.dat), the engine has nothing to do with it..
    in vanilla quake and its mission packs, the only powerup cheat that exists is the quad one, so I've no idea which mod those sites are referring to.

the other power cheats are kinda pointless when you have godmode or notarget cheats, which have no timelimits.
    Some Game Thing

Comment

these are cheats that were added in seven's small mod compilation:
      http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...mpilation.html

just as spike said, these cheats dont exist in vanilla quake, only in the SMC
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

These exist in Rubicon 2 and Rubicon Rumble Pack.
        Dude,lets party!
        Bring some food and drink.I got Arcane Dimensions 2.666!?!

Comment

Originally posted by ijazz View Post
          These exist in Rubicon 2 and Rubicon Rumble Pack.
          But I want these commands available in every mod, not only in Rubicon 2 and Rubicon Rumble Pack.

Comment

Originally posted by quake one View Post
            But I want these commands available in every mod, not only in Rubicon 2 and Rubicon Rumble Pack.
            then you're going to have to get into QC so you can add it yourself to any mods that are open-source
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
              then you're going to have to get into QC so you can add it yourself to any mods that are open-source
              And how do I do this exactly?

Comment

well you can start by grabbing a copy of the QC-source of quake and its mission-packs:
                http://icculus.org/twilight/darkplaces/files/id1qc.zip
                http://public.www.planetmirror.com/p...ipnotic/qc.zip
                http://public.www.planetmirror.com/p...doe_qconly.zip

and you could check out some of the tutorials over at insideQC (previously inside3D): InsideQC

and you could grab yourself a copy of the seven's Small mod compilation
                http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...mpilation.html
                which as mentioned earlier includes all of the impulses that you want

in regard to actually coding with QC im afraid i cant help much, as im no QC coder...
                i make models and textures, know some stuff about shaders and skin-files and such, i can even map a bit.

but QC isn't really my level of expertise im afraid

however there are lots of other members on here that will be happy to help you out with questions about QC,
                and helping you out with pointing you at where to look to grab the lines of code from the SMC that you want to add those additional cheats to any QC

Comment

quake one, to add those commands to a mod, you will need to learn quakec. If you have never coded anything, the learning process will take at least days if not weeks. It will be frustrating at times, but once you figure out how to edit the game and make it do whatever you want, the process becomes quite rewarding.

There is the caveat that a mod you wish to edit must have an open source (as in, the authors released .qc files in addition to the regular mod files). If not, then the solution here is to learn actual C and edit the quake engine itself, but I think that would be too much effort.

Comment

Working...
                  X