What the hell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the hell?

Some guys have been spamming threads and posts.What the hell is going on?
    Is it a bot?
    What is baca567.com?
    (it seems to be a gambling site)

Please,just please ban these guys.I got like 120 posts!
    Dude,lets party!
    Bring some food and drink.I got Arcane Dimensions 2.666!?!

This is the second time this has happened recently.

Comment

we need more moderators
      i sugggest R00k or Talisa
      the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

The rarest thing is that tube as more than 7 pages full and in Chinese and Japanese language. I thought it was some kind of virus that came on the page.

Comment

I've turned back on the spam blocking tool that I previously used. Hopefully this should stop it.

Comment

You gotta wonder what the hell good all of that spam does...does anyone actually follow the links or whatever?
            'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
              You gotta wonder what the hell good all of that spam does...does anyone actually follow the links or whatever?
              Actually yes there are people who click on those links, not everyone obviously but it happens.

Running many websites I've come across things like this and "spam crawler bots" that show up as a massive amount of hits(visits) to sites in the analytics and when you go to see where the traffic is coming from it's from a website that probably paid someone on certain low cost websites to boost their page views for $5 ("Get 100,000 views for only $5!") or something similar. All that work just to try and get someone who very probably isn't going to click the link to click it... I hate spam.

It's down right annoying as a web admin but it happens. It also completely hurts websites when spam like seen here is introduced if left unchecked.
              QuakeOne.com
              Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
              Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
              Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

yeah

Dude,lets party!
                Bring some food and drink.I got Arcane Dimensions 2.666!?!

Comment

It doesn't help this site runs vBulletin. There's automated tools to register accounts and post messages in forums. That's what these spammers use to do this.

Comment

Working...
                  X