Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Compiling proquake on Debian Jessie 8 64 bit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How fast, you just started. Well, you may if you want, I have no idea if it worths it.

Those are full files, setting fpu precision really is that simple. Just a single assembly instruction. I suspect that problem is in "#if !id386", but I need to know what the next compiler error will be to confirm it.

You should concentrate on compiling glquake_glx, this seems like the only one with 3d hardware acceleration. I guess others are software renderers. No idea what "unixded" does, maybe it's a server?

Also, there should be an email somewhere in the readme, you could contact authors themselves, probably.

Comment

Originally posted by vibok View Post
      How fast, you just started. Well, you may if you want, I have no idea if it worths it.

Those are full files, setting fpu precision really is that simple. Just a single assembly instruction. I suspect that problem is in "#if !id386", but I need to know what the next compiler error will be to confirm it.

You should concentrate on compiling glquake_glx, this seems like the only one with 3d hardware acceleration. I guess others are software renderers. No idea what "unixded" does, maybe it's a server?

Also, there should be an email somewhere in the readme, you could contact authors themselves, probably.
      I'm just tired dude. Today was my final day of school, its 11:30pm, I have community service to do for my school tomorrow, and every step I take seems to lead into different rabbit holes. I will just stick to engines I know that will happily work on linux, quakespasm and darkplaces. I think FTE works too, but I have not tried it.

Comment

You should've seen in what kind of holes I've been...

Sure, as you wish. This thread will stay here, if you'll change your mind.

Comment

apt-get install libxxf86dga1-dev:i386

libX* means that its an x11 extension library.
          libXxf86* means that is one of the extensions introducted by the xfree86 project (which xorg was forked from).
          the dga extension actually refers to 'direct graphics access', however that extension is kinda shit such that quake only uses it to get raw mouse samples without mouse acceleration messing stuff up. nowadays people should be using xinput2 instead, as a more modern way to get the same sort of thing.

at some point, the .so file lacked one of the Xs in its filename, so old precompiled binaries might need an extra symlink to fix that up.

you may find that you need the libxxf86vm-dev library too.
          this (x86 'video mode' extension) is another outdated library that was replaced by xrandr 'x rotate-and-resize'.

I overlooked both of these libraries because fte does not need them to either compile or run (although can make use of them if present at runtime). sorry about that.

fldcw = Fpu LoaD Control World. This instruction reconfigured the x87 co-processor that's been directly embedded within all x86 chips since the 486DX (and available as a separate chip before that).
          Whoever wrote the makefile you're using screwed up if they're linking the asm stuff and not defining the id386 define to say that they're doing so.
          if those are the only double defines, you might as well just comment out the versions inside sys_linux.c
          Some Game Thing

Comment

Working...
          X