No announcement yet.

Quake Vinyl Soundtrack: Coming soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mp3 is not always terrible. It depends on how it's encoded. Two tracks can be the same song from a CD ripped at 320k to MP3, and depending on the encoding method, both can be two different sizes and different quality. Both may be 320k bitrate, which is basically the highest quality and what everyone wants, but if the sampling rate is lowered beyond 44.1 when its ripped, the resolution of the high frequencies turns to pixelated liquefied shit. If you ever download MP3s from torrents off piratebay and other such sites, they try to list the bitrate in the torrent notes, and the ones at 320k tend to be more sought after. But sometimes the dorks ripping this stuff don't know how to use their software properly, or they prefer to punk people with high bitrate MP3's with shitty low sampling rates because they're stupid enough to think that file size compression is more important than audio quality... I guess. Dumb twats.

Comment

Hah! The only times I still download mp3s are when I can't find what I want in FLAC format. For the music I put on my phone, I do the encoding from CD or conversion from FLAC myself @ 320kbps CBR using LAME.
      ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
      ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

Originally posted by DeadTenor View Post
        https://store.nin.com/collections/music/products/quake-ost-1xlp
        The NiN website will soon have the vinyl Quake soundtrack for sale.
        And I will buy it as soon as it's available.

I'm not sure if there'll be much value in the digitally recorded tracks being stuck on vinyl but I'm hopeful that the packaging will be nice (Trent's good at that sort of thing).

Besides, it's the first time in years that the OST will be officially available and it'll look good on my wall right in between my Doom and RoTT posters.
        I got the phone call at 4 a.m.

Comment

Working...
        X