Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Study of Chthons

Overview

Chthons, chthonia liquidifelicitilius, are an inhabitant of the Quake dimension which tend to dwell in large bodies of liquids, typically lava but not always, usually on their own little map.

There are other kinds of Chthons, more recently we have seen an increase in frequency in slime Chthons and other bodies of liquids.

Nuisance

In recent history, Chthons have been seen leaving their natural environment. For example, there are reports of migrating Chthons inhabiting other maps and interfering with the normal flow of the game.

Here is a screenshot of a Chthon attacking an innocent player on DM4.

After a thorough investigation, it was discovered that the [LOL]Dolemite and IEEE 802.11 were responsible for illegally transporting Chthons from E1M7 to other maps. [LOL]Dolemite is still at large, often operating under the assumed name of Funkify. IEEE 802.11 was released due to insufficient evidence and is rumored to have re-entered the Chthon trafficking business.

More Recent Days

The Quake Dimension has been increasingly understaffed lately. Quake marines have been called elsewhere to battle Strogg and such.

The consequence is that the Chthon population has increased radically in recent years. Once confined to lava and sometimes slime, the Chthon have spread to other eco-systems.

There are now reports of smaller Chthons inhabiting small bodies of water. Ponds, swimming pools and stagnant bodies of water are often the environment of choice for smaller Chthons. There have been unconfirmed reports of small Chthons inhabiting kitchen sinks, bathtubs and otherwise terrorizing households.

Inhabited by a Chthon? We hope not

Please help keep the Chthon population under control.

Play more Quake!
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Let us not forget the influx of smaller Chthons seen in the elemental worlds of fire under the Dissolution of Eternity

They are smaller... but numerous!
    Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

LOL Was fun reading that. Where do you come up with all of this stuff Baker?

Next we need a Study Of Shamblers. The great, white, fuzzy giants.

Comment

lol i could never tell if that was fur or real pale skin

Comment

Well one thing's for sure IT'S NOT FEATHERS

Comment

LOL, I would say Fur. They look all fuzzy and cuddly. Cept for those big giant clawz and massive fangs.

Comment

My vote is skin tone due to the cave like world of Quake, a land of shadow amidst at the brightest, a dim twilight.

Shamblers just arent furry to me in any way.
              Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

Tomichthon. Digital. Big. Eats with its whole face.
                "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

Gunter from fvf.servequake.com wants me to say that the best place to find a Chthon is at fvf.servequake.com

Gunter from fvf.servequake.com also wanted me to say that his server doesn't require any downloads to play. He wants you to change that

I feel used.

Comment

Originally posted by Baker

There are other kinds of Chthons, more recently we have seen an increase in frequency in slime Chthons and other bodies of liquids.
                    Which map is that from? I know LunSP1 has a slime Chthon, but I didn't know of any others...

I've also seen a water chthon that throws fish. I'll try and remember where I saw it...
                    16:03:04 <gb> when I put in a sng, I think I might need nails
                    16:03:30 <gb> the fact that only playtesting tells me that probably means that my mind is a sieve

Comment

It is from the Castle of Koohoo.

Comment

That's a pretty cool avatar, Lardarse.
                        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Monster
                          It is from the Castle of Koohoo.
                          Link please...

Originally posted by Baker
                          That's a pretty cool avatar, Lardarse.
                          Thanks. It's so not me... and yet it so is me...
                          16:03:04 <gb> when I put in a sng, I think I might need nails
                          16:03:30 <gb> the fact that only playtesting tells me that probably means that my mind is a sieve

Comment

http://vondur.planetquake.gamespy.com/maps/koohoo.html

Comment

Working...
                            X