Runequake - your favorite runes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runequake - your favorite runes?

I posted this in another topic but it'd probably make a good topic all by itself. Someone posted there's a player on Shmack that'll drop all runes except for Jack-of-all Rune. That lead me to think, what rune(s) do you like and dislike?

I'm not that picky but the only runes I really use are:
    • Strength
    • Jack-of-all Rune
    • Deathspots
    • Tornado
    • Ice Traps
    • Armor Piercing
    • Zombies on a couple levels
    • Bezerker
    • Electric (sometimes)
    • Vampire (sometimes)
    • Radio (always use right away and drop immediately to get Str or Bezerk)
    All the rest of the runes are crap IMO. I know lots of players like the Shield rune but I've always gotten screwed with it. I'll use it and then it won't refresh again in time for the next battle since I usually play very aggressively.

Runes that really suck IMO is the Athletic Rune (pointless with hook), Holorune (since holograms don't get same colors as you), Camoflauge (since I don't stay still very often), Gravity (since most good players use hook to escape), Phasing Rune, and Recall rune.

I enjoy using zerker with the shotty to snipe out rocket trigger happy players.

Comment

I intentionally keep ...

* Strength
      * Half-Damange
      * Regen
      * Jack of All Runes (a little more dmg, more resis, some regen)
      * Zen Monk (invulnerability to splash damage)
      * Berserker (6x damage/3x damage to self)
      * Armor Piercing
      * 666 Max Health Rune
      * Environmental Protection (Immunity to most insta-kill type runes)

It's funny how when you start playing the game you want cheap kill runes, but if your skills evolve to a certain level you want to keep runes that more support a DM-style of play.

[For those that don't know, RuneQuake is what Singe Bousman's Artifact Quake mod evolved into.]
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

1v1 with Zen Monk is hilarious.

Comment

I'm personally not a fan of Berserker, only because I can't seem to stay alive long enough for it to be effective.

My list would include:

- Strength
          - Regen
          - Jack of all Runes
          - Vengeance
          - Vampiric
          - Tornado
          - Death Spots
          - Orb of Death
          - Armor Piercing
          - Radiation

That technique Sole uses with Radiation is one I often do as well - unless I can't find strength or a quad damage.

Comment

1. Berserker
            2. Strength
            3. Resistance
            4. Jack Of All Runes
            5. Death Orb
            6. Rune Of Good Health
            7. Radioactive Rune

Berserker would have to be my favorite, grab berserker and a shaft and rack up the kills. Usually when you have berserker one hit from the shaft kills. Nice and easy frags.

Comment

Originally posted by QuadRaptor
              That technique Sole uses with Radiation is one I often do as well - unless I can't find strength or a quad damage.
              If it's a packed server (over 12 players) I'll sometimes set radio zones then drop runes to find str or bezerk. If I pick up a Phoenix rune though I'll kill myself and respawn first to get the Quad.

Comment

Working...
              X