Qrack and QuakeOne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qrack and QuakeOne

So who else thinks that rook and old yeller are taking advantage of this site to promote Qrack?

Qrack is bad for you and makes you go crazy.

Well there's a weird post. Are you referring to the link on the front page linking to Qrack (quakeone hosts qrack btw), which also links to ProQuake? The point of this site is to promote quake, primarily netquake. The 2 clients that are gonna be of the most interest for people playing netquake online are Proquake and Qrack. Btw the "Clients" forum was created so people could ask for help with any clients or announce new versions, etc. Thanks for your concern
    uakene.com

Comment

No, this is a site to help promote one thing - QUAKE!

Comment

I think Canadian*Sniper is confused... Qrack is a mod for quake, not those rocks he buys on the street and smokes....

Comment

how clever you took my pun and used it against me

Comment

By the players for the players.

I'm a hardcore JoeQuake supporter, and a bit of a traditionalist in my own way (my rants on other boards about software Quake, engine compatibility, etc), but QRack is the client of choice by players that would like something that is a nice twist on a combo of ProQuake and JoeQuake with team commands and other things that deathmatchers and team players like.
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

When is the JoeQuake launcher going to come out? Will there be one for QRack?

Comment

whatever you do don't promote cheaphack as that translates to "qrap"

Comment

Originally posted by Monster
                  When is the JoeQuake launcher going to come out? Will there be one for QRack?
                  It'll have the best QRack support I can, but the QRack support will need to be fine tuned/debugged because I can't keep up.

The next time I have some good streaks of back-to-back 8 hours of solid quality time, I should have it out.

(Sux that real life doesn't always cooperate.)
                  Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

The worst thing about Quake is that it is NOT user-friendly. When you tell most people new to quake about command lines and all of these weird commands, they do not know what the hell they are talking about. It is nice to have a launcher that is easy to use and shows what each command does.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster
                      The worst thing about Quake is that it is NOT user-friendly. When you tell most people new to quake about command lines and all of these weird commands, they do not know what the hell they are talking about. It is nice to have a launcher that is easy to use and shows what each command does.
                      The JoeQuake Launcher aims to eliminate ALL of that non-sense. Your mom or someone who knows jack can do stuff with it that even most experienced players can't easily do. It even has a diagnostics section that a hopeless noob can cut and paste into a forum to help someone else troubleshoot one of the many "dumb" Quake problems that exist.

In my opinion, none of the Quake has anything resembling a truly good in-game Options and Config sections, although JoeQuake 0.15 is better than most clients and DarkPlaces too.

Comment

I don't have much in my config, mostly just gamma and screen-size commands, but when I try Qrack, there's a whole new set of commands just to get the right screen size, brightness...etc. And of course all kinds of errors referring to my old config. I wonder if it would be too much trouble to ask for a readme file to be included in the distro, and perhaps example coommands/autoexec file?

Come visit us: www.etfellowship.com

Comment

Yeah I hope r00k does get some basic setup info for qrack together. It's a little hard to figure out on your own. I posted my settings in anther thread http://www.quakeone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127 so check that out.

Whatever resolution you use, put -conwidth 640 -conheight 480 in your command line as this sets the menu and font sizes. -refreshrate "whatever" (also command line) sets the frequency, obviously. Use it with a matching cl_maxfps value and vid_vsync "1". Then you can also set your mouserate to the same frequency, or a multiple.
                          uakene.com

Comment

What do you get if you remove the extra media assets?

Comment

Yeah, thats the main reason I do not use Qrack, because of all those weird commands. I just do not feel like messing with it. I would rather have an easy launcher to do it all for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X