CanadianZopMod Beta Test#1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CanadianZopMod Beta Test#1

First of all I'd like to thank EVERYONE for participating in the New Quake Mod Survey! If you havn't already filled it out, you can locate it here. Zop has successfully created a map with all of id's dm maps merged together. He went through some hard work testing out the maps with compile errors, lighting, vis, spawn bugs, etc.

Now we want to test out this map on a darkplaces server with approx. 64 players. The actual testing date has yet to be announced (we will give a weeks notice on the date) but all of you should download the required files pronto so we can get everyone ready. To be able to connect to the server, you'll have to use darkplaces (Thanks to Baker for bringing that to our attention). I've supplied the map and the current darkplaces engine files (exe, linux and source included) in easy packaged/compressed files.

To download darkplaces and the map, install one of the following files and extract the files into your quake folder:

CanadianZopMod_ALL.zip
    CanadianZopMod_ALL.tar
    CanadianZopMod_ALL.7z

To download only the map, install one of the following files and extract the map into your ../id1/maps folder:

CanadianZopMod_MAPonly.zip
    CanadianZopMod_MAPonly.tar
    CanadianZopMod_MAPonly.7z

NEW: Thanks to Spirit, the map can also be uploaded in shub-hub quaddicted!
    http://shub-hub.quaddicted.com/files.../idsdms_03.zip

You can always download darkplaces at LordHavoc's website located here.

If you find darkplaces choppy, it may help to refer to Baker's DarkPlaces Ideal Deathmatch Settings thread.

Now this is very important (for our mod ). We DO need atleast 64 players to connect to the server at the specified date. We need to use this test data to predict how to confront the rest of this vast project. So please take part in the testing. Your help will not go unnoticed.

Oh ya~ And when you arrive, feel free to own everyone
    Last edited by Canadian*Sniper; 12-26-2006, 08:41 PM.

I will surely be there, but could you make up some time that works for an European guy.. something like... 2PM eastern time?

Comment

I'm gunna learn this map so I can own everyone on testing grounds day 1!

*Edited
      I just tried to download the map only from all three sources and got the following message

"Could not connect to database server.

This page will attempt to reconnect in 3 seconds."
      QuakeOne.com
      Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
      Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
      Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

I just tried each and every download. All seem to work. But I notice that it doesn't bring you to that "your download will start in a few moments" page anymore. It should download right when you click on "Download Now".

Filefront has been undergoing changes so maybe you tried to download at the wrong time? I dunno, if you're having trouble getting the files then I'll find another way to distribute them.

EDIT: Spirit gave me permission to upload the map in shub-hub so I added the link on the top post! WOOT!
        Last edited by Canadian*Sniper; 12-20-2006, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Damn that was quick. 64 players eh... ; if phen fires a rocket and noone is around does it make a sound?

Comment

whoa...the mind boggles.

a 64 player server? damn. that must cost a bundle!! however, if beta testing goes over well, im almost positive (and very hopeful too) that your new server project will replace Shmack. no offense to Slotzero, but im a little tired of shmack.

Comment

Shmack is runes. I hate runes.

Comment

wouldn't cost a dime

Originally posted by Death Knight View Post
                if beta testing goes over well, im almost positive (and very hopeful too) that your new server project will replace Shmack. no offense to Slotzero, but im a little tired of shmack.
                um, just so everyone is clear, that is not on our agenda

Comment

Sweet. Once I've tested it on my compy, I'll mail ya.

Comment

To Everyone: Even if Darkplaces is a bit choppy on your computer, you should still participate as this is for the sake of testing our limits and not fluid gameplay

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper View Post
                      wouldn't cost a dime

um, just so everyone is clear, that is not on our agenda
                      even so, id love for it to happen. if i approve of the server's functionality, ill do what i can to promote it to every quaker i know.

cheers, you two. its a good thing you're doing here.

Comment

If proof of concept works, why the hell not host a server?

Thanks for the positive input Now get that damn questionaire ready lolz

Comment

I just got notified that you did not include the GPL nor released the source. Please read up a bit about how the map sources are licensed before you use them. Thanks.

Got to remove the file at Shub-Hub of course, sorry.
                          Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit View Post
                            I just got notified that you did not include the GPL nor released the source. Please read up a bit about how the map sources are licensed before you use them. Thanks.

Got to remove the file at Shub-Hub of course, sorry.
                            I blame that entirely on Zop for not reminding me

Comment

I blame management.

Comment

Working...
                              X