CanadianZopMod Beta Test#1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper View Post
    Remember this is a test for an even greater project. Hosting a map with all the DM maps is nothing! We want something bigger like all the original maps merged into one! But we must take our baby steps and your support won't go unnoticed.
    One question: why aren't the maps connected in some way? As it is on the server right now I have to use the kill command (several times) to cycle through the maps, it would take at least 12 players to give a good chance of landing on an occupied map on each respawn (or waiting for someone else to die and respawn in the same map so you can fight).

I take it that this map was meant only as a test and not as something practical to play.

Comment

just KILL yourself (pun pun pun pun).

The final map with all the maps merged into one will be connected in some way. I will probably add some aliases that transport players to a certain map area via typing in the map name in console.

for idsdms, this could be done. This is a very good suggestion.

edit:

ok I now have more time to respond. The reason being that I didn't allow a gateway between areas was because I wanted players to enter a new map naked (weapons and equipment OSP). But the last one standing in an area would have time to stock up and prepare for the second wave of players when they come by. It's unique and I like that. As Zop mentioned to me, it's the ultimate camp.
      Last edited by Canadian*Sniper; 01-18-2007, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper View Post
        ok I now have more time to respond. The reason being that I didn't allow a gateway between areas was because I wanted players to enter a new map naked (weapons and equipment OSP). But the last one standing in an area would have time to stock up and prepare for the second wave of players when they come by. It's unique and I like that. As Zop mentioned to me, it's the ultimate camp.
        Very strange.

Of course I don't think that 64 players is practical in free for all to begin with, I've always preferred teamplay.

Comment

Let's start betting how many players will connect. I say <20.
          Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

Yeah, I expected that the maps would be connected - that would have been good! But it's still a lot of work that you got it this far, I understand that.

I'll certainly try and make it to the server on whatever date, come dial-up or format! If it's too hard to connect the maps properly why not make an extra room on each map that teleports to another map? Or a room everyone spawns into at the start which has 6 teleports in it and you can choose which map you want to play? A light at the top of a teleporter shows if there are people in the map or not (This feature already exists on arenasix, a TF map). But I still think it would be better to connect them.

Comment

I can't wait

/hopefully I'll be able to upload the new mod before tomorrow's event.

Comment

btw it may help your performance in darkplaces by using these commands:

Originally posted by LordHavoc
                On the client side:
                gl_flashblend 1 (or r_shadow_realtime_dlight 0 to shut off dlights entirely)
                cl_particles_quality 0.5 (uses half as many particles)

If using a GFFX card I recommend r_glsl 0 to turn off the pixel shaders for more performance (this is a performance LOSS on GF6 and above, so only use it on GFFX).

Other than that everything is pretty much 'good' at the defaults.
                Last edited by Canadian*Sniper; 01-26-2007, 02:00 AM.

Comment

How did the test go?

How many players connected?

Unfortunately I completely missed the event.

Comment

17 connected at the same time

http://www.quakeone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1922

Comment

Working...
                    X