Ultra-Lethal Tactics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultra-Lethal Tactics

I've held out from ever mentioning one of the deep, dark secrets of Quake that I frequently employ. I've always held back on this one because, well, I like to win.

You have players who say their favorite weapon is the rocket launcher or say their favorite weapon is the lightning gun, but that isn't me.

My favorite weapon is the super nail gun.

First, you can NEVER kill yourself with the super nail gun.

Second, defending against the super nail gun is almost impossible. If you are shooting nails across a wide distance, they hit other players without them drawing a lot of attention.

Third, players in a heated battle, especially FFA, only notice rockets. The super nail gun is mostly a silent killer. No explosions, no big bangs.

If you have Quad and Strength, I pull out the super nail gun. Sure you could shaft 'em, but everyone sees someone shafting others and they flee. With Quad and Strength, every nail does 144 damage and no one is going to be dodging them.

You can just hold down fire without any fear of killing yourself and fire randomly in every direction in a crowded room or fire down long hallways like E4M3 and rack up frags from players who never saw the nails coming.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Quadraptor said he never keeps the Berserker Rune. Heheh, I sure do and I bust out the SNG. :d :d

This secret is the closest thing to being a total ass in Quake.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

In FFA, that's only a good weapon if you're fighting from a distance, or you have Quad/Str/Bezerk. If you are in close range, most good players will be using hook or their movements will be such that it'll be harder to hit them with nails.

Comment

It's well known that if you have Quad or Berserk, you had better either kill everyone you see, or camp a hallway.

Having either of those will make you a target, so if I have Quad I try to find cover as quickly as possible. Nothing worse than losing a Quad with 20+ seconds remaining.

Comment

distance = shotgun
          close range = rocket

lightning gun is I'm feeling saucy

I rarely use nails

Comment

^^ Same. The only time I use nails is when I have Bezerk or Quad/Str, or if I'm grappling someone and I don't have LG.

For my close range weapon I like the LG first, then RL. Long range is RL first, then whatever else I have available. I gotta work on my accuracy with shotgun.

Comment

Shotgun is an underdog because it can eat up someone's armor if aimed right. It's expecially funny in RA when you and your opponent are on opposite ends while he/she's firing slow rockets and you're quickly tabbing his/her life away with the shotty.

I don't see Nailgun giving me the same effect at long distance.

Comment

I would rather use the SHAFT. About people escaping, NO ONE escapes from T3H Monster.

Comment

I shoot people who wear different pants.
                  Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

Working...
                  X