Fancy new mod ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fancy new mod ideas

Before I start, I'll let you all know that I'm practically copying the game rules of the game modes in Metal Gear Online. But they seem like superb ideas for some Quake Mods. I'd work on these myself but I'm already working on a mod (learning too). Perhaps I'll continue with these mods afterwards.

Keep in mind that all the mod ideas will go by normal DM physics unless specified (that means no hook!). Except for the fact that you start out with Armor and some weapons other than just shotgun and axe (similar to CRMOD Practice Mode). Friendly Fire is enabled. There are no Health Boxes or Armor to be obtained. Weapons can be obtained on the map but not ammo. You'll have to kill someone for their pack to get their ammo and weapons.

Sneaking Mission:
    • Guards vs Snake
    • To save confusion on who is who, the Guards will be RED and the current Snake player will be BLUE.
    • One player becomes Snake while everyone else is a Guard
    • Snake has the Cloaking Rune (standing still makes you completely invisible)
    • Snake can activate EYES for 30 seconds once per game round. This allows the player to be almost unnoticeable while moving. Activating EYES uses the same physics as grabbing the Ring powerup (Makes noise when recieved and makes noises when used up).
    • Snake can stun a Guard (ice trap physics) by hitting the guard with the axe. The Guard will wake up from stun after 30 seconds.
    • The Guard's goal is to KILL Snake.
    • Snake's goal is to capture the [flag] and return it to base.
    • To save Snake from running into campers at the [flag] and base, there will be 2 [flag] locations and 2 base location. A [flag] can be brought to either base.
    • Guards respawn after death.
    • Snake has only one life per round.
    • A global message will be announced when: Snake recieves first damage and Snake grabs a [flag].
    • The flag will be visible at all times when Snake has it. Even when Snake is cloaked, the flag will still be visible.
    • If Snake wins the round, that player gets to be Snake for the next round.
    • If a Guard kills Snake, that Guard gets to be Snake in the next round and the previous Snake becomes a Guard in the next round.
    • After X amount of rounds, the game will determine the winner by the most frag points collected.
    Frag Point System:
    Snake Goal +35 frags. SNAKE ONLY
    Killing Snake +30 frags (only given to the player who killed Snake) GUARDS ONLY
    Snake First Damage +10 frags (only given to the player who damaged Snake first) GUARDS ONLY
    (Stun + Kill) +2 frags. SNAKE ONLY
    (Stunned + Death) -1 frags. GUARDS ONLY
    Whomever has the most frag points at the end of the match wins.

Rescue Mission
    • Terrorists(Red Team) vs Counter-Terrorists(Blue Blue).
    • Each player has only one life per round.
    • Red Team must defend the [flag] from the Blue Team.
    • Blue Team must capture the [flag] and return it to base.
    • Red Team wins the round by either the time limit running out or by killing all of the Blue Team.
    • Blue Team wins the round by either capturing the [flag] to their base or by killing all of the Red Team.
    • Anyone can grab and drop the [flag].
    • If a player carrying the [flag] is killed, the [flag] is dropped and can be taken by another player.
    • A global message will be announced whenever the [flag] is grabbed or dropped.
    • After X amount of rounds, the game will determine the winning Team.
    Frag Point System:
    Team Wins +5 frags
    Goal: Time limit running out +5 frags (Team Win + Goal = +10 frags) RED TEAM ONLY
    Goal: Capturing the [flag] +5 frags (Team Win + Goal = +10 frags) BLUE TEAM ONLY
    Kills +4 frags
    Gib Kills +2 frags (Kill + Gib Kill = +6 frag)
    Deaths -2 frags
    Teammate Kills -4 frags
    Goal Point System:
    +1 point for the team winning a round (these points determine the winners. Similar to CA).

Capture Mission
    • Red Team vs Blue Team.
    • Players respawn after death.
    • There is one [flag] inbetween the Blue Base and the Red Base.
    • At the start of each round, Red Team spawns in Blue Base and Blue Team spawns in Red Base.
    • Both teams have the same goal. To capture the [flag], bring it to their base and guard it for 20 seconds.
    • When a team has their [flag] in their base, the other team must steal the [flag] to stop the 20 second counter. If the [flag] is in a base, then stolen, then brought back to the base, the 20 second counter once against counts down from 20.
    • Anyone can grab and drop the [flag].
    • If a player carrying the [flag] is killed, the [flag] is dropped and can be taken by another player.
    • A global message will be announced whenever the [flag] is grabbed, dropped, in a team's base or stolen from a team's base.
    Frag Point System:
    team wins +5 frags
    [flag] placed in base wins the round +5 frags (for that player only)
    [flag] first grab +5 frags (for that player only)
    [flag] placed in base +3 frags (for that player only. Accumulates whenever you place the [flag] in base throughout the round)
    Kills +1 frag
    Teammate kills -2 frags

Goal Point System:
    +1 point for the team winning a round (these points determine the winners. Similar to CA).

Team Tag Deathmatch
    • Red Team vs Blue Team
    • Players respawn after death.
    • Very similar to normal Quake Team DM except for the use of TEAM TAGS.
    • Each team is given a number of Team Tags.
    • Whenever a player dies, his/her team loses a Team Tag.
    • When a team has 0 team tags left, the opposing team wins.
    Frag Point System:
    TBA
    Goal Point System:
    Last edited by Canadian*Sniper; 01-06-2007, 11:13 PM.

I'm debating if the Guards should be given 2 charges each on SONAR RADAR. This radar basically lets you know if SNAKE is close or not once activated. It would work like this:

Snake is still but close to you by 10-20 meters
    You activate the Radar
    a message that only you can see says "Snake is close"
    that's it. There's no duration it's just instant. Obviously if Snake moved farther away when the guard activated it the 2nd time it would say "No Snake"

Comment

Sounds great! I'd love to see this kind of fresh content in a quake mod! Intuitive thinking CS! BTW ADD 4x Shotgun!
      QuakeOne.com
      Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
      Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
      Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Haha! Much appreciated.

Phenom made a good suggestion that the Snake player should be able to plant ice traps to freeze someone for around 10 seconds (in MGO, Snake can put down playboy mags to "distract" the Guards who run over it). I fear this might make the mod a little too complicated than being fun so we'll have to see.

Comment

Great job, C*S.

Comment

Hell I'd play something like that. Sounds like a helluva lot of fun!

Comment

I realise that the CAPTURE MISSION rules might be a little confusing. Perhaps it's best seeing how it's done in MGO?
              Last edited by Canadian*Sniper; 01-06-2007, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Call the mod "Copyright THEFT"

Comment

mwhahahaha

Comment

how about instead of just dropping a flag u can fire it across the map to another (team)player (grenade physics) who can than "catch" it as the flag "hits" that (team)player.. (or just bounce like a grenade untill it runs out of juce and other players can pick it up on that spot)

i think it would be cool.. u could make a bind say "go deep!" and then toss the flag around for ur teammember to pick it up.. and NME team players could "steal" it by "catching" it in mid air

Comment

The mod seens to be really great. I'm not a fan of MGO, I would say I hate it, but a mod like that on Quake would kickass.

Comment

Originally posted by =peg= View Post
                        i think it would be cool.. u could make a bind say "go deep!" and then toss the flag around for ur teammember to pick it up.. and NME team players could "steal" it by "catching" it in mid air
                        Thanks for my first laugh of the day (laughing at "go deep!")

Comment

I think any new mod that offered a new style of game play would be great.

If the mod were to use different models for players or in-game elements, like 3Wave CTF, you could mine for models at Quake Terminus's mods section (Navy Seals mod as one example). In the instance of the Navy Seals mod, they provided the QuakeC source so I am assuming they did that to encourage use of all the game content they made.
                          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Cool. If I was to write the mod, I'd made sure that the clients didn't NEED the mod to play.

Comment

Needs to have a train station

http://www.celephais.net/board/view_thread.php?id=60015
                              Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
                              X