IHOC Essentrix -> IHOC Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IHOC Essentrix -> IHOC Home

Yugo2Heck is closing the IHOC Essentrix server and quake.ihoc.net will be redirected to the IHOC Home server. He'll also be closing the RuneHOC Essentrix server -- which runs a hybrid mod coded by Dolemite/Funkify which really never took off, but was an attempt to combine 2 popular mods.

All the other IHOC servers will remain unchanged, Yugo setup the IHOC Essentrix server back in late 2003 or early 2004 so players not in the northwest USA could compete against the West Coast players on a more equal footing.

The IHOC Essentrix server got a lot activity in 2003 thru early 2005 but it's been intermittent since then as many of the core IHOC players moved on to newer games (World of Warcraft, etc.).

Thanks to Yugo for hosting an Essentrix server in the middle of the country for IHOC for all that time.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Thanks for providing the servers Yugo2Heck, glad to hear you're main IHOC server is still intact

Many fond memories playing on IHOC
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

IHOC rulez. The runes didn't impact the gameplay too much, the modded weapons were cool and the bots in 26666 were Fing hilarious

Comment

A short list of memorable "Old-School" IHOC-Specific players ... (some still play quake to this day..)

.kLEENAx. (the oldest player I recall ever seeing in IHOC)
        Lord Ic3s
        Happy Camper
        KO Kid (MFR / POD)
        Rugman
        Dyce (PoD)
        s1XTUs (pK)
        Xool (pK)
        Josh Cryer
        Maverick (MFR)
        Spiderman (MFR)
        SomeDude (aka R3d) (MFR)
        Hitman Arias (PoD)
        DamLucky (PoD)
        Venom650 (MFR)
        Bib (MFR)
        Novmode (aka Rampage) (MFR)
        Mr.Zulu (DopeF!3nd)
        R3nny
        SmokeJ (PoD)
        Rook (not the Qrack author!)
        Rugman
        Sweetie
        Kilo.357 (wSx)
        DR1FT3R (MFR)
        Twist (PoD)
        Hadez (PoD)
        Big.D.
        Hatebreed (PoD/MFR)

There are more,but its been so long,I cant remember much more
        Here's some goodie's , dug up from a old backup Quake CD I made while in Clan MFR

http://users.adelphia.net/~mindzx/IHOC_demos.rar , I'ma watch them now,and bask in the old memories :F
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper View Post
          IHOC rulez. The runes didn't impact the gameplay too much, the modded weapons were cool and the bots in 26666 were Fing hilarious
          you obviously wasnt raped by the Strength rune
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
            you obviously wasnt raped by the Strength rune
            That's because I'm always the first to grab it, thanks to my strength rune GPS system

and jesus chrissy! You remember too many quake aliases for one server

Comment

More oldschool IHOC players:

QG Viper
              Waster
              Luscious
              Raiden
              Russ T Vice
              QuakeOne.com
              Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
              Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide