eQuake officially dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eQuake officially dead

It all started almost one year ago here on QuakeOne.com, with CheapAlert putting up an "important message", telling us how bad eQuake was.

fQuake development was started, and now, eQuake has been completely replaced. The eQuake files and its website has been removed to make way for fQuake, and with the .map files released, we are close to making Quake completely free.

http://fquake.sf.net/
    http://sf.net/projects/fquake/

(Note: I'm not trying to recruit anyone to QW, just letting you guys know that your demonstration was a success, for everyone.)

(12:42:3 Danno: eQuake == warez right?
    (12:42:44) Quake: RocketGuy: i think
    (12:43:31) Danno: heh, like I care then

fquake is sourceforged so that seems like a better idea.

Comment

fQuake is totally better anyways as it has a AWESOME installer!

(And that great german translation, I mean WOW, how awesome is that?)
      Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

yes, not only is fQuake legal, it's also open-source, with plenty of guides on how to modify it to make your own installers for whatever needs you may have (an online installer (if you think you can make a better package?), a LAN installer to distribute QW on LANs, or a CD installer for backuping Quake).. and since it has this online "package" system it's really easy to keep up to date without requiring users to download a new fQuake, they can simply just upgrade that single package using the installer they downloaded 6 months ago..

Comment

I'll wait for Gquake.
          Chuck

Comment

The fQuake install is very impressive and about the most sophisticated I've seen.
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

iQuake will own all!

Comment

hehe, iQuake seems like the perfect name for the OS X version ;D

Comment

haha true. I want credit for that name when it's released

Seriously though I hope my comment wasn't taken seriously. I'm just joking around. It's great to see further development on any form of Quake!

Comment

Working...
                  X