Rising Tide Lifts All Boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rising Tide Lifts All Boats

Things have gotten kind of crazy lately and it is weird to see all the server activity in contrast to where things were in 2005 with Shmack really being the only consistently busy server.

Lately it isn't even strange for 50+ players to be online in the evenings.

And CTF -- which seemed impossible to resuscitate a few months ago -- is going hard and heavy -- at Threewave CTF of all things!

And, of course, the other thing that seems impossible is all the non-stop team deathmatch going on at CRMOD.com. In the summer, like CTF, it seemed like it was impossible for the DM crowd to resurrect that activity, but it has been going strong for long time now.

/I'll be happy when something like DM+ or CAx on exclusively custom maps takes hold, but I'm not holding my breath

Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

That and the huge number of newcomers who are getting back into quake and asking questions here

Comment

Working...
    X