To Hack or not to hack???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Hack or not to hack???

Ok, wtf is the scoop. I know that everyone always says that the servers are hack free but I KNOW there are guys/girls not on the level. So what is the 411 on all this and were can you find these mods/hacks/helpers whatever you wanna call them. You cant enjoy yourself when there is one or two guys outta 15 that are blatantly cheating and wrecking it for everyone else. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Can you apply to become a server cop. I have had experience.

Just an example.....Im hiding up in the rafters on a map, nobody can see me. A guy is getting chased, he is shooting lightning gun out his ass. As he passes by me, the lightning bends up towards me and shoots both me and the other guy. Oh ya, did I forget to mention that I had the "camo rune"

it seems these threads have migrated from runecentral

Comment

never heard of Runecentral....someone over there bitchen too?

Comment

If it is on Shmack, record a demo and send it to Slot Zero (http://www.runequake.com) or post at Rune Central Forums (http://forums.runecentral.com).

I haven't seen an aim-assist player @ Shmack in 4 or 5 months (and I recorded a demo and sent it to Slot Zero and the player was promptly banned) although I am sure it happens every once in a while.

You cant enjoy yourself when there is one or two guys outta 15 that are blatantly cheating and wrecking it for everyone else.
        I play as SNS Mr. Green and like a number of other players, get accused of being a hack almost every single game I play at Shmack.

No one that plays at Rage or CRMOD.com would ever accused me of being a hack (I'm middle of the pack at Rage, and one of the least skilled players if I went to crmod.com); I'm not even close to being a top tier player (except at Shmack).

I only bring this up since 2 players repeatedly accused me of cheating today @ Shmack with imaginary cheats like "being hit with 5 direct hits and not dying".
        Last edited by Baker; 01-26-2007, 05:27 PM.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

were can i go to learn how to record demo's?

Comment

Type "record mydemo" in the console (and stop or stopdemo when you are done). I assume you are using ProQuake, Qrack or JoeQuake.

The demo will be in quake\id1 folder as mydemo.dem.
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

im using Qrack.....what does it demo though....does it give you a choice on who to demo or does it just start demoing your play until you stop it. So you would have to run around and try to find the offender and get them to do it again?

Comment

Shmack let's you ride a player, so you can see through the player's view.

Comment

When you connect or when you die, press 5 until you are riding the player you want. You will be seeing from their point of view.

Then type "record whatever" in the console. With Qrack the saved demo might be in c:\quake\qrack instead of c:\quake\id1

Comment

at shmack it will notify the player being ridden by echoing a "rider wytnyt acquired" message and placing a gold key in thier stats bar, but if you type rider-hide in the console before you become an observer nobody will ever know
                    e|------------------------0---------------
                    B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                    G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                    D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                    A|---------------0------------------------
                    E|----------------------------------------

Comment

A guy is getting chased, he is shooting lightning gun out his ass.
                      r u sure this wasnt just the "electric" rune or whatever its called? couse that would do just that...

Comment

Yes, remember that the electric rune will shoot it's bolts at people even if they are camoflauged.

Comment

This guy was actually running forward with his gun facing in front of him and lightning was actally coming out his butt.....musta had some wicked chilly the night before.

Comment

So now, not to start any shit.....but just a question....there is a guy always on shmack named TOYO_MR2, everyone says that he is a bots and that TOYO is a friend of Slotzero's and he wont do anything about it. Ive watched TOYO and he seems kinda fishy but not sure. A few good players said he has AUTODANCE and AIM. I tried demoing him but when I found it in my Qrack folder, my pc didnt know what to play the demo back with and I couldnt find anything that would play it. Any suggestions.

Oh ya, and if anyone knows this guy and he is legit....cuddose to him, he has some mad skillz happening. He wont talk at all on the game.

Comment

toyo is legit...
                              and you cant run raw dem files in windows. youll need to opem up quake and type playdemo x.dem where x = whatever you named the demo.
                              e|------------------------0---------------
                              B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                              G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                              D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                              A|---------------0------------------------
                              E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X