CanadianZopMod Beta Test 01/26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CanadianZopMod Beta Test 01/26

Now that the test is done, we have some suggestions.

I agree that there should be a # of players displayed somewhere, and some sort of limitation to certain or chosen levels when the player count is low. (Assuming any mod will use this level permanently.)

Thanks to:

Mithril
    Rambo
    ORL
    NoFriction (who?)
    peg
    Cadpig
    MegaZoid
    Tay
    TV2 (who?)
    Randomock
    LockNLoad
    Spirit
    purplehaze
    Sole
    Dyne

17 People at the same time- if not one of these persons didn't show, it wouldn't have been a success! Though, the map was quite big enough for even double the amount.

Mention here if there is anything else you'd like to add!

seighten
    phobie
    baker
    frenzy

these players showed up as well. Apparantly frenzy was having connection troubles. Same with Trouby and Gunter. I don't know what could have caused this but this is good that we know there's a problem that might be fixable

BIIIIIG THANX FOR PARTICIPATING!
    Last edited by Canadian*Sniper; 01-26-2007, 09:02 PM.

Comment

ps - NoFriction was RocketGuy using ugly black font

pss - here's our 17 players at the same time ( I use gamma 2 but the screenshot was in normal quake gamma )
      Last edited by Canadian*Sniper; 01-26-2007, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper View Post
        pss - here's our 17 players at the same time
        Not too bad. I would have bet a peak of 9-12 players, so that exceeded by guess by about 50%-80%. :d

/Mostly due to the engine-specific aspect.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

that was definitely a lot of fun and the map played smooth..of course there was a bit of lag here and there but it was probably only because the server is far from my location. I think one thing to add to the whole massive dm map is a really awesome skybox like the red and black one. it would just be the layer on the cake, plus it would match all the dm maps the best

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-dodgeball

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

It was a great evening getting drunk.
            Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

ps - NoFriction was RocketGuy using ugly black font
              Heh I was using that name because holding the jump key on whitehot allows you to slide, its fun

Comment

Originally posted by RocketGuy View Post
                Heh I was using that name because holding the jump key on whitehot allows you to slide, its fun
                Correction, that's a feature in Darkplaces not the mod

Comment

Sorry I couldn't make it guys, I'm on GMT here in Ireland and I don't think I could have stayed up that late to play. Sorry you only got 17 players, but it's good that you got a few things ironed out.

Can I (and others who missed it) have access to a demo or two of the night? Pity you netquake guys can't do serverside MVDs...but still, I'd like to see what went down, even if it's in .dem format. If you want somewhere to upload it, PM me or go to http://tfcustom.gurubb.com and find my posts - I have an upload page linked in my sig.

Than

Comment

Here's my demo All 60 minutes of the event (you might have to use slowmo 20 to fast forward )

oh, and you might have to use darkplaces to run this demo. It's not guaranteed to work on any other clients.

http://rocketguy.planetquake.gamespy...itehottest1.7z

Comment

Looksie what I made All 70 minutes of the event summed up in 8 Yeap, I idled a lot because I had a lot of IM traffic hitting me during the event

(wow, youtube REALLY fucked up the quality of the video. I'll host a actual movie file on filefront)

FILEFRONT!!!: http://files.filefront.com/Quake_Whi.../fileinfo.html

Also, Purplehaze got some nice screenies from the event

Originally posted by purplehaze

Last edited by Canadian*Sniper; 01-27-2007, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Here's my demo All 60 minutes of the event (you might have to use slowmo 20 to fast forward )

oh, and you might have to use darkplaces to run this demo. It's not guaranteed to work on any other clients.

http://rocketguy.planetquake.gamespy...itehottest1.7z
                        Thanks Canadian!

While I'm at it, I know I asked you this before - but I lost that post - are you the same Canadian who snipes in CustomTF? Or used to?

Comment

I've never played Team Fortress EVER But I checked our your site and CustomTF looks cool (saw the youtube video).

Comment

BTW. If anyone took any demos during the event, please send them my way. You can use Rocketguy's server to host the demos http://rocketguy.planetquake.gamespy.com/

thanks!

ps - I know why people were getting the RL and LG in dm1. Because they carried their equipment over during the map change at the start of the event. The pack with the RL in it just kept being passed around

Comment

Working...
                            X