The New Chicago Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Chicago Server

You're approaching a corner. What the fuck's going on. An explosion to your left, it must be a fight at the quad area. Rocket jump off the boxes, towards the rotunda. OH SHIT. Grenade. Strafe Left. Whew. Bounce off wall into rotunda. BOOM. Face shot. You don't back down though. You take two steps back and rocket propel yourself acoross the mid blowing a hot juicy rocket into the enemies face gibbing him into a hundred bloody rabbit turds and you walk through them.

Welcome to QuakeOne.

So about the Chicago server, as Yellow-5 told you all, it will not stay at the rage.quakeone.com dns. Mindz you did make some good points about the gameplay going to the Chicago server by default, but that wasn't the overall intention. It was just a test for a week, as Yellow-5 said. Nobody was intending to steal it out from underneath anybody. The server, again, as Yellow-5 mentioned, is just another part of QuakeOne. Now QuakeOne can satisfy the players needs on a whole different level, and a lot larger scale within and outside the country. The server is, and always will be a great idea.

QuakeOne has become a part of your lives if you're even reading this. You do your daily thing, you take care of your business, and at night, everybody converges onto the server and we play all night long. It's what we do.

We also love 30 ping. So those of you closer to Chicago, lets blow each others heads off like it's nobodies business.

I am however working on fixing the problem of the mid-day lag. No, the server is not dedicated at this point, but I am currently arranging it or at least looking into it. I have a feeling rage.quakeone.com will have more play mid day as well. I don't know if I quite need to change anything.

I do plan on putting up ports 26001-26005 for the Sunday night 2-2 CAx tournaments. This is a great plus for you guys in the community. Now, you have 10 ports to chose from, on either server. The default rage.quakeone.com will have ports 26001-26005 as it always has. And the rage2 will have them as well, this creates for great gameplay and more participants. Hell, maybe I'll even make it something like, North vs South, then the winners from each side play a championship.

I have considered a couple other options as well, I may add a clanring deathmatch server to the ports. Not so much to steal any play away from quake.crmod.com but as those of you who play dm, as I do almost daily nowadays, if quake.crmod.com is busy there's a great running server nextdoor in St. Louis for you guys to grab a quick 2-2 or whatever may be.

Also considering putting up a 3wave CRCTF port. Again, rage.quakeone.com is hosted by HDz which is the only other 3wave server out right now. As far as I know, more of these players would ping better to the Chicago server. As quite a few are in Canada, and the Northern most part of the states.

Anyways, this is just an overdo update on what you've been asking yourself:
    "What the fuck is Frenzy doing?"

Thank you for your time, and kiss my ass.
    uake ne
    uakene.com

Have you considered a distinct name for the server? Like north.quakeone.com or something?

Note: a non-cheatfree DM port would be a good idea for players like sB who somehow cannot pass the ProQuake cheat-free check (even after Quake re-installs), players that prefer other clients or non-Windows operating systems where no compatible cheat-free signed ProQuake build is available.

/Don't forget to admin up the server with loyal players that will hangout there.

Again, rage.quakeone.com is hosted by HDz which is the only other 3wave server out right now.
    crctf.clan-rum.org is a ThreeWave CTF server as well. Just FYI.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Yes, when I was mentioning servers, it was those that get play. I know about crctf.clan-rum.org but it never gets played.

And no, I haven't considered naming the server anything besides rage2. I originally helped come up with the rage name, so rage2 is fitting. After all, that's what it is... a 2nd rage.
      uakene.com

Comment

South 4 Life!

Comment

How about miffed.quakeone.com?

Comment

Working...
          X