Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GLQuake(s) Don't Work With Windows Vista?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
    Hmm, yeah, Lua is interesting, sure. Isn't Lua in Baldur's Gate? Or so I STR.
    It may be. I primarily want to learn it so I can fix some of the mods that are made for WoW. For instance, I use this mod and the guy that originally made it quit playing so it's not going to get updated.

It won't be an overnight thing by far, but at least I'm headed in the right direction.

I will find you... it's only a matter of time.

Comment

I like to code with BBCode.

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper View Post
        I wouldn't exactly call Javascript, Java I could turn this into a Java vs C/C++ arguement but I'd rather just state the following. A Java programmer can come up with very valid reasons to use Java over C/C++ and it's just as possible for the exact opposite to happen. Banks and big professional companies usually use java and jsp for forums and such. And one last note, they put Java on Mars

C/C++ are fun languages.
        Never again in history will a language as good as C be invented :d
        "If we fight for money I'll stop hitting you when you ask me to. If we fight for honor, I'll stop hitting you when I feel like it." - Rickson Gracie

Comment

are you informing us that IT development has come to a halt then?

(pssst, mithril is a caveman hoo hoo hah hah heee heee heeeeeee jk love ya )

Comment

Heheh, nah the IT ppl will always be doing something to keep their field going, but whatever they come up with, it won't be as good as C!

But you're right...I'm stuck in my ways and will never understand why anyone would want to use C++/java/other. Hopefully the *nix world will always remain C so I'll never have to worry about those other languages :-).
            "If we fight for money I'll stop hitting you when you ask me to. If we fight for honor, I'll stop hitting you when I feel like it." - Rickson Gracie

Comment

Here's an article I found pretty interesting.

Clicky

I will find you... it's only a matter of time.

Comment

Working...
              X