RuneQuake #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RuneQuake #1

I was reading a site on some other forum runecentral and I noticed people listing the top 10 runer quakers. I noted that Saurak made the list and I did not. rofl. I don't know of anyone that can beat me in Runes, Sole and Paradise keep up w/ me but I generally take the lead and win. WTF? Saurak? He sucks completely.

Just was wondering WTF

Magn3tar.

Yes the mother fukin vote

ever play ihoc? rather are you willing to since its... they've been ghost servers for months now.

Comment

IHOC was the shit and I use to kick some serious teeth in there
      QuakeOne.com
      Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
      Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
      Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Kick, cause.

Some very good players used to play there indeed.

Comment

You guys derailed this thread so fucking bad I don't know whether to make a new one or just give the subject up completely, or just continue on with this Subject at hand... WTF Is IHOC? I think I've played it before but don't remember what the mod is like

And to change the subject again, you from Atlanta Phenom?

Comment

Pfft, Im #1 at RuneQuake. I just dont play it.
            Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

IHOC is gay.

Comment

yeah IHOC is gay. So is runequake. runequakes only good to pound on some noobs once in a while...

Comment

Mag, Atlanta? when did I say I was from there?

I spent some time in Columbus, GA
                  QuakeOne.com
                  Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                  Great Quake engine

Comment

IHOC is excellent for developing rocket aim in a chaos environment, even better than rocket arena. I remember playing Mindz, Smokey and the others and realizing the key was to never miss and the importance of making sure each rocket was a direct hit. DM1 is great to play there and I remember picking up the ability to shoot rockets between the beams about 80% of the time.

IHOC doesn't get played much anymore, but it was WHO played there that was half of what made playing there great.

As far as Rune Quake goes, I would say it is the only server in the United States that resembles the original spirit of Quake that gets played today (camping, bitching, complaining, accusations).

Yeah, Rune Quake attracts a lot more lower tier players but so did Quake when it was first played on the internet. The zany cheating accusations some of them make are amazing, but that aside at least they are able to enjoy playing on that server, because they wouldn't enjoy playing at all at, say, Rage for example.

Where else can you play ID maps that aren't DM3 or DM6? Maps like E4M3, E1M5, E1M3, E4M8 are some really great maps and CA and DM use only 1 or 2 different maps for 99.9% of the games.

/I equate lack of diversity with dumbing down of the game.
                    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I was yankin it to yalls pictures earlier and saw a one saying you were moving to the A to the A.

Comment

heh i started to get back into quake again... now im stopping because I realized again that there are no good DM servers where people activiely play and use different maps. CA to me is just boring and dull... they play the same stupid maps over and over again. Its not constant action either.. you die and then have to wait a couple minutes until the match ends. Big waste of time and fun to me. I would use bots, but omicrons dont work with DP :\

Comment

Originally posted by Magn3tar View Post
                          I was yankin it to yalls pictures earlier
                          How thoughtful!

See --- he really does care! *sniff*

:d :d
                          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                            no good DM servers where people activiely play and use different maps.
                            I get kind of tired of DM6 for 1 on 1's and DM3 for TDM. They have some interest stuff going on at GCHQ (in Europe) and they don't always play DM6.

In the USA, the only good vanilla FFA is at Nobody's Alternative (QW) and it is mostly good maps, but some maps annoy me really bad for FFA (E1M7 )

CA to me is just boring and dull... they play the same stupid maps over and over again.
                            A2, BALDM8 (not BALDM6), ZED2 and XNTRICK should be used more. And QTDM3 should be tried. ZED2 is very interesting with 6 or less players, but of course there are always 8-14 players @ Rage at night.

Unforunately, most of the rest of the maps aren't very suitable for CA, except the ones that get played.

Comment

This is why you're supposed to stay alive Monster_Tu
                              you die and then have to wait a couple minutes until the match ends. Big waste of time and fun to me.
                              QuakeOne.com
                              Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                              Great Quake engine

Comment

Working...
                              X