Front End

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front End

Can anyone recommend a good quake front end launcher for managing maps and mods and such?

There is one in the pipeline with its release imminent. I don't know of any others.

I will add that JoeQuake does have a maps menu in it, so does QRack being a JoeQuake derivative.

http://forums.runecentral.com/viewtopic.php?t=245
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

looks great

what are you using to develope your front end? Can I help?

I just installed JoeQuake for the first time last night when I found this site - i'll look into that map feature.

I'd really like to see a quakeone map pack. A compolation, so to speak, with expressed permission from all authors involved. One standardized download, nothing but premimum deathmatch maps, for dorks like me who lost all there old quake stuff in a freak formatting accident back in '01. Besides - dm2, 3, 4 & 6 got old at my lan parties a LONG time ago. I figured something like this would have been done by now - but instead i found most quake one dm map review sites yeild little but dead links. I think just finding 20-30 quality dm maps would be an achievement in itself. Say.... you wouldn't happen to know where I could download some good dm maps would you?

oh, oh, and are you going to have bot support in your launcher?

Comment

Originally posted by StickyIckyBud
        oh, oh, and are you going to have bot support in your launcher?
        Yes.

As far as DM maps go, see this thread:

http://www.quakeone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140

And you can find a great number of maps to download at:

http://www.quakeworld.us/?a=downloads&d=dmmaps/

I'm sure they weren't have bothered to upload bad DM maps at QuakeWorld.us.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

It's a shame dark places does not have map feature seing as it has more eye candy.
          Also dark places does not seem to have a config file to edit, so no clear water
          amd 3200 2.2ghz
          2Gb corsair ddr400
          nvidia 6200 256Mb
          audigy 2 zs
          vista ultimate
          and not a bean to my name

Comment

Ooh Frogbots. Very fun, very fun.

Comment

Working...
            X