Image Gallery "Open"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image Gallery "Open"

Ok I've finally finished the image gallery. It's not completely tested yet but you can go to the gallery and start submitting images. Right now I've got the gallery set to have all images submitted to be approved by an admin before displaying on the page. Also right now users can only submit images to specific categories. When you click on ADD IMAGE link you'll see which categories you can add images to.

If you notice any problems with the gallery post here and I'll work on fixing them. I'll also monitor the submissions that come in tonight so we can work this stuff out ASAP and make sure everything works nice.

And please don't consider this gallery as your own personal Photobucket account. Try to limit the number of images you submit. Only send in a couple of personal photos for the member gallery.

Comment

Maybe some of the DarkPlaces masters here at the forum could add some of their coolest DarkPlaces screenshots in the Quake Engines/Darkplaces category:

http://www.quakeone.com/index.php?in...on_view&idev=7

Btw, Steve ... noticed a typo --> "Joequake Sscreenshots"
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Hrmm, it doesnt like my over 1meg jpegs... perhaps I should knock them down a bit... Id assume the site automatically thumbnails... What resolution should the full size shots be ? 640x480? 800x600?
        Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

I'd probably resample them to 400 x 300 so that the QuakeOne server doesn't resize them.

I'm only recommending this because I know you aren't technically challenged.

The reason: The photo gallery has to share screen space with the site navigation bar and the rest of the CMS. I don't think the serverside/clientside photo resize in the CMS does as good of a job as graphics/photo editing software.

Maybe 640x480 would work without triggering the resize on most people's screen resolution settings, at least in the gallery. I notice my 500 px width images usually hit the resize
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I believe that the image gallery will take your photo and keep it full size, but when you view it within the image gallery it'll resize the image to be 600px wide (or maybe 640px).

And there's a size limit currently set at 500k. We can't have hundreds of 1 meg photos in the gallery.

Comment

I think I'll do them at 600x450 like the Qrack shots are simply because 400x300 is way too small for showing off an engine definitely. I'll go through my higher-res DP shots and knock a few of them down and submit them shortly...

Perhaps look for some action shots? Or just nab some the next time I play with LH and co.

Comment

scar3crow, most of those DP shots are too dark to make out

Also, we should go find some screenshots involving the bleeding edge new features like relief mapping, along with the usuals like bloom, high res textures, high res models, and shadows..

Comment

They look fine on my monitor without any editing, the gamma in game is at 1.0, as it is in Windows in general and on my graphics card. Turn your settings up to a normal amount =)

LordHavoc, Randy, and Kedhrin would be the ones Id ask for such... but it would be neat to get some dramatic shots of a map using Kedhrin's new textures with romi's rtlights, relief mapped textures, and Randy's shambler.

Comment

The pics look good dark. There's no need for gamma

Comment

/me punches scar3crow in the monitor

Comment

They look very dark to me as well but I just figured it was supposed to be dark since it's from "DarkPlaces" heh.

Comment

Looked fine to me, but then again the brightness settings on my monitor are usually set rather high so I can see better in Quake

Comment

i submitted a bunch but no one put them up

Comment

I will submit pics of me if I ever get my hard drive recovered again.

EDIT:: OH YEAH I have them on my website... ill upload them when I have some time.

Comment

Working...
                              X